ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Ice Bucket Challenge & High Voltage Power Lines  (Read 9806 times)

Frank DeWitt

• LBP DI Box
Re: Ice Bucket Challenge & High Voltage Power Lines
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2015, 12:09:39 PM »

The fine will teach them and a lot of other fire departments a valuable lesson.  Next time they are asked to come out and support a good cause they will say no.

Polices are probably being written or changed right now. 

Remember when Fire Departments used to come out and support the community, give kids rides on the trucks?  Now they site policy and won't do anything but fight fires.
Not to Code

Stephen Swaffer

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2015, 01:07:02 PM »

The correct reaction-since the fines involved not only actual actions but training and they were not contested-would be to bring the department up to date on training.  Had this happened during an actual fire, there might have been others put at risk/injured/killed because they were not trained on the dangers involved. Since a firefighter lost his life, I hope the lessons learned go far deeper that "no more helping charities."  IMO, this firefighters death should be viewed/treated the same as if it ad occurred during an emergency response-perhaps even given a harder look given that this was a planned event and you did not have the "fog of war" to deal with.

Certainly not trying to disparage anyone-but we all ought to take away the fact that a short cut when setting up a pro bono set up for a church social/neighborhood party can be just as hazardous as one on a money job.
Steve Swaffer

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2015, 01:17:22 PM »

The fine will teach them and a lot of other fire departments a valuable lesson.  Next time they are asked to come out and support a good cause they will say no.

Polices are probably being written or changed right now. 

Remember when Fire Departments used to come out and support the community, give kids rides on the trucks?  Now they site policy and won't do anything but fight fires.

So killing a fire fighter due to negligence in both training and actions should get a free pass because of public relations?

Sorry Frank, I don't buy into that thinking.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Frank DeWitt

• LBP DI Box
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2015, 08:30:45 PM »

So killing a fire fighter due to negligence in both training and actions should get a free pass because of public relations?

Sorry Frank, I don't buy into that thinking.

I re read what I wrote, and I didn't write that.  I didn't think that. and I am not advocating that.
Not to Code

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2015, 08:30:45 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 24 queries.