ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help with suggestion for audio matrix...restaurant, bar, live music.  (Read 1867 times)

Mark Zuffa

Hello, I am fairly new to the audio/video world and need some help.
We run a 80 seat restaurant and indoor outdoor bar, with two separate private dining areas.  Occasionally we have live music that plays on our outdoor stage. 
Currently we have 3 separate XM receivers we "pipe" into each of the rooms, and no way of distributing the live music to the indoor part of the bar or the restaurant.  We don't have any matrix installed right now.  Just setup old school, each receiver is going to its specific room.  What we would like to do is install a matrix so we can distribute the live music indoors to any of the specific rooms or bar we would like, or music from one of the receivers, or even TV audio when the fights or game is on. 

I've been looking at the Jupiter 12, or the DBX 1260.

I've found some on eBay fairly cheap. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DBX-ZonePro-1260-Digital-Zone-Processor-/251635279920?pt=US_Signal_Processors_Rack_Effects&hash=item3a96a1a830

or

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Symetrix-Symnet-Audio-Matrix-Express-12X4-Stand-Alone-or-Audio-Network-DSP-/300936543463?pt=US_Signal_Processors_Rack_Effects&hash=item4611373ce7

What are some of the Pro's or cons of either of these "matrix"?  Any input would be great!!

Alex Donkle

Re: Need help with suggestion for audio matrix...restaurant, bar, live music.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 06:25:31 PM »

Both would work well, but unless you're fairly computer savvy I'd strongly recommend buying new through an AV company and having them install it. It'll give you a full warranty and programming assistance.

For an installation like you're describing, I'd recommend looking at a more robust analog mixer like Whirlwind MPM4. No programming and it would likely be much easier to maintain than a digital unit. Buying new would give you a warranty, but
Consultant

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Need help with suggestion for audio matrix...restaurant, bar, live music.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 06:25:31 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 25 queries.