ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UX8800 Issue  (Read 2710 times)

Doug Johnson

• Rhoadesville, VA
UX8800 Issue
« on: August 21, 2014, 08:58:07 AM »

I am having a problem with an EAW Ux8800 processor.  The processor was restarting/resetting, and I thought it might be a firmware issue so, I attempted to update the firmware with EAW manager and got an error message, "firmware file not found", and the update cancelled.  I contacted EAW and was informed that the restarting/resetting was a known power supply issue. I fixed that problem per their instructions, and that issue appears to be resolved.  They also suggest downloading an earlier version of Pilot and first updating the unit with that.   I attempted to do that but again got the message that the firmware file could not be found.  I have another call  into EAW but figured I would ask here in the mean time.  Does anyone have any ideas?
Doug J

John Penkala

Re: UX8800 Issue
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 10:07:10 AM »

I am having a problem with an EAW Ux8800 processor.  The processor was restarting/resetting, and I thought it might be a firmware issue so, I attempted to update the firmware with EAW manager and got an error message, "firmware file not found", and the update cancelled.  I contacted EAW and was informed that the restarting/resetting was a known power supply issue. I fixed that problem per their instructions, and that issue appears to be resolved.  They also suggest downloading an earlier version of Pilot and first updating the unit with that.   I attempted to do that but again got the message that the firmware file could not be found.  I have another call  into EAW but figured I would ask here in the mean time.  Does anyone have any ideas?
Doug J

Doug,
         I had one that had that power supply problem. I didn't know that it was something that the end user could fix. I sent it in for repair and it came back doing the same thing. They sent me a new one. I've had no problems since. Can I ask what they had you do to "fix" the power supply issue?

JP

Doug Johnson

• Rhoadesville, VA
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 10:44:33 AM »

Doug,
         I had one that had that power supply problem. I didn't know that it was something that the end user could fix. I sent it in for repair and it came back doing the same thing. They sent me a new one. I've had no problems since. Can I ask what they had you do to "fix" the power supply issue?

JP
It is reportedly do to corrosion on the plugs used in the six wire harness that links the power supply and main boards.  It causes the voltage to drop.  They had me remove the harness and solder jumpers between the pins on the receptacles.  They sent me a service diagram on it.
Doug J.

Doug Johnson

• Rhoadesville, VA
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 04:11:23 PM »

I resolved my issue with the firmware.  I reloaded the early version of Pilot using the compatibility wizard in windows 8.  Loaded as an xp program and it updated the firmware on the first try.  Reloaded the current version and updated the unit to the latest firmware.

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 05:01:02 PM »

I had the exact same reboot issue yesterday with one unit and was told the same ting about those wires.
I didn't have time to solder them so I just cleaned the contacts with some contact cleaner and cotton swabs. Unit came back online again and so far no issues.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 05:01:02 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.