ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Ron Hebbard  (Read 11603 times)

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
Re: Ron Hebbard
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2014, 01:52:38 PM »

Sad news.  Get well!

GenePink

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2014, 04:33:32 AM »

Many in these forums may have come to know long time member and contributor Ron Hebbard.  Recently, Ron has had a stroke and it has compromised his mobility and his vision to the point that he cannot use a computer.  He is recovering in hospital, but it will be a long time before he can post again, if ever.

Ron has asked me to say goodbye for him to the many friends he has made here, especially Gene Pink, and to thank the moderators:  Mac Kerr, Doug Fowler and Mike Sokol for making these forums possible.

Ron's sig was always the same:  Ron Hebbard  Toodleoo!

I just ran across this thread, sad news indeed. I will miss his insight into many subjects. Does anyone know how Ron is doing? Please give him my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

And tell him I said " What happened, your brain power lose the neutral"?

Gene Pink

Ron Hebbard

Gene Pink!!!
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2014, 04:02:38 AM »

Mr. Pink!  GREAT to be reading you again!!
I can walk and talk but my vision is VERY poor.
Reading is tough and slow, typing is tedious, driving is no longer in my future but I survived 74 consecutive days of hospital food.
I'll never forget your excellent explanation of terminations on balanced lines and minimizing reflections.  Your illustration using ping-pong balls was brilliant and readily understandable, so good a reprint is in order.

Your comment about my brain losing its neutral was timely and appreciated.  I suffered my stroke Sunday morning July 20th/14.  One week previous, SundayJuly 13th/14, I awoke to find we'd lost one leg of our incoming electrical service.  Our power arrives via underground direct burial wiring which had developed a fault in a long buried underground junction box.  Losing half our service was annoying but not as bad as if we'd lost our neutral.

Good to be reading you Gene and thanks for your, and everyone's, post(s).

Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

I just ran across this thread, sad news indeed. I will miss his insight into many subjects. Does anyone know how Ron is doing? Please give him my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

And tell him I said " What happened, your brain power lose the neutral"?

Gene Pink
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 04:30:28 AM by Ron Hebbard »

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2014, 09:54:27 AM »

Good to hear from you....

Good luck.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

George Friedman-Jimenez

• NYC
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2014, 11:29:57 AM »

We never met but I have enjoyed reading your posts and am happy to see you are getting better. I hope you continue to improve, and wish you the best of health in the future.

Ron Hebbard

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2014, 08:55:48 PM »

Thank you John for your flattering posts.

Less than a year ago I gave away a mint-condition Loftech TS-1 I purchased back in 1983 and an accompanying Ward Beck Systems portable extended range VU meter.  I'm no longer alligning Otari's and they've both moved on to an appreciative home.  Your little TS-1 served me well for three decades.

Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Good to hear from you....

Good luck.

JR

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2014, 09:28:01 PM »

Welcome back, Ron!  Good to hear that you're improving and able to communicate again.

Best wishes for your continued recovery.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2014, 08:47:31 PM »

Great to see you're back to the forum. You're in my families prayers Ron. Keep chugging on.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

GenePink

Re: Gene Pink!!!
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2014, 05:47:52 AM »

Great to see you are for the most part OK, as I (we) had feared the worst.

> I can walk and talk but my vision is VERY poor.

As long as you can see orange tape on a feed to a breaker panel. ;-)

> Reading is tough and slow, typing is tedious, driving is no longer in my future but I survived 74 consecutive days of hospital food.

Not sure which one of these is worst, I bet the food wasn't all that bad in comparison.

> I'll never forget your excellent explanation of terminations on balanced lines and minimizing reflections.  Your illustration using ping-pong balls was brilliant and readily understandable, so good a reprint is in order.

Where? I'd like to read it myself, as I don't remember it. I was probably drunk when I wrote it.

> Your comment about my brain losing its neutral was timely and appreciated. 

I figured you would see the humor in that, and get it. Glad you did.

> ...I awoke to find we'd lost one leg of our incoming electrical service. 

That happened when I was about nine during a storm, so Dad turned off the main 100A "push-matic" breaker (remember those?), put a jumper across it, and turned it back on, and waited. About 10 seconds later, POP. He removed the jumper, turned it back on, and we had both legs hot. He had spot-welded the bad connection, wherever it was. Lasted for years.

Ron, if you would like to continue this off-board, and I hope you do, please feel to email or PM, my email hasn't changed since my website was originally hosted on a server somewhere in Pangea. We both remember those days. Do you remember the time you threw your favorite mammoth bone club at that brontosaurus so that I could get away?

I owe you one for that, I know how much you really liked that club, that you personally handcrafted with a flint rock. Nice ornamentation you carved on it, as I recall. Did you ever find it?

Yeah..., we go back.

Gene Pink

Craig Leerman

• Global Moderator
  • Do Not Read This!
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2014, 04:28:30 AM »

Hi Ron,

Glad your doing well and glad to see you here!

Have a happy and safe holiday season.
Craig

I'm so old, when I was doing FOH for Tommy Dorsey, to balance out the horn section I would slide their chairs downstage and upstage to mix!

TechWorksReno.com
Facebook.com/TechWorksReno
Pinterest.com/TechWorks0492

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2014, 04:28:30 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 25 queries.