ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestions for new powered subs.  (Read 7414 times)

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
Re: Suggestions for new powered subs.
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2014, 06:55:12 PM »

My experience is with the db tech, but I'm comfortable assuming the RCF one is of similar caliber.

royaljenner

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2014, 07:02:51 AM »

JTR powered Orbit Shifters, if you can handle a 185 lb, 45" tall cabinet, would be especially suited for your material, and this sub is favored by many hip hop and EDM users in DJ-land.  The powered version (adding a Speakerpower 4000w module) would be around $3k apiece.  http://jtrspeakers.com/portable/orbit-shifter/

Hi, I second the Orbit Shifter.  I would like to comment about the dreaded moving that big and heavy a cabinet issue. 
1. it has built in rattle free casters.
2. Tipped back it wheels just like a super smooth dolly.  I've even pulled the cab over a lawn.
3. Unless you encounter dreaded stairs, you won't feel the weight.
4.  Load in/out:  I have a honda odyssey.  I just roll up to the van backwards, stop with the distance my body creates between the van and the cabinet.  I put a moving blanket over the van opening ledge and bumper.  Stand to the side and tip it back and let it come to rest tilted against the van.  Reach underneath at the front and grab the handles underneath and tip the cabinet on its back.  Slide in.  That easy.  I do it alone all the time. The first few times will seem odd, but then it's a knack. Removal is the exact same thing in reverse.

I don't think I feel more than 50 lbs of weight as you aren't lifting the full load ever.

I prefer moving an orbit shifter over loading in my 6RU rack gator case!
Wheels are a lovely thing.  I have a couple of friends who do the same with their vans and agree that at first it seems insurmountable to move/handle, but now they're easier than smaller equipment we own.

Please don't discount the orbit shifter, the performance is absolutely amazing.
Contact Jeff at JTR and ask about a demo or who in your local has one.  Hearing is believing.

John Moore

• "learning the hard way sucks donkey kong"
    • Trinity Productions
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2014, 02:48:08 PM »

The 8005 looks insane...haha. 

Currently I am using RCF HD32As.  Will be looking into other higher end boxes from them down the line.

The 8004 or 8005 subs are fantastic boxes...and everyone we have sold to loves them..no regrets at all...
http://www.trinityprosound.com 209-832-8023
DEALER:Dealer for Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, Danley Sound Labs, VTC, Allen & Heath, Ashly, Denon,  Audix, One Systems, Beyerdynamic, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate,  Trusst, Road Ready, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, dB Technologies, RCF, American Audio,  Rapco, CBI Cables, ADJ, Chauvet, Blizzard, Furman, Shure, Tascam, Elite Screens,  BenQ, Midas, Digico,  and many many more...

Randall Hyde

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2014, 01:37:20 PM »

The 8004 or 8005 subs are fantastic boxes...and everyone we have sold to loves them..no regrets at all...
I'm looking for something to replace a pair of PRX 718 XLF cabinets, which just don't do the job for me. The RCF Sub 8004 looks great except it's a bit expensive ($3,000) for my application (really need sub $2,000 cabinets for my B rig). Unless, of course, you believe that a single RCF Sub 8004 will outperform two sub-$2,000 cabinets (e.g., a TH115 would easily outperform a pair of 718XLF cabinets, but I'm concerned about size and weight).
Really like the size of the RCF boxes, weight could be better though.

Anyone know what the RCF Sub 8005 costs? Looks like one of those might do the job.
Cheers,
Randy Hyde
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 01:44:06 PM by Randall Hyde »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2014, 01:37:20 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 24 queries.