ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: QSC Ksub with PRX 615M's  (Read 5397 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: QSC Ksub with PRX 615M's
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2014, 04:13:51 PM »

Im being told the Ksubs have a built in crossover. The ksub has a 100 HZ low-pass over that cannot be adjusted or bypassed. Im so confused. I have to move a lot thats why I liked these and I have a small truck. lol. Im going to try this set up and see what happens before I buy them. Two ksubs for $800 is a good deal but not if it doesnt work right!
K-subs DO NOT have a crossover built in - they do have a low pass filter at 100hz but they send full range to the outputs. That is why they marry well to the K series tops. The tops have the high pass built in. Who is telling you this? Call QSC again if you are in doubt. It is clearly stated on the literature provided by QSC.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2014, 04:22:34 PM »

From the QSC website….
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2014, 04:37:54 PM »

BTW…$800 for 2 is really good !! I sold mine about 6-9  months ago and got $1400 for the 2 (including QSC covers).

Steve Garris

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2014, 06:11:05 PM »

After some more research your comment is on par. That is the next step is to hook em up and see if it works out. The most people comment was stupid. I called QSC and they basically said the same thing as you. Mismatching may not be the way to go but my rig can only hold so much gear. A powered JBL 18 is probably the way to go, I think I could fit one in my rig with all my other gear. Thanks for your input. It is much appreciated.

The 615's are phenomenal - and can be run on top of any sub via:
1. Aux fed sub mix
2. Left Right sub mix

I've used option 2, running my 615's over the club's KW181's. The left signal out of the board goes only to the sub's. The right signal, only to the 615's.
I simply pan all vocals and instruments hard right, and run those signals to the 615's.
The kick drum and bass guitar are set at 50/50 pan. This works really well - and I run the 615's in the full-range mode (not monitor mode).

No crossover needed!

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2014, 08:15:22 PM »

The 615's are phenomenal - and can be run on top of any sub via:
1. Aux fed sub mix
2. Left Right sub mix

I've used option 2, running my 615's over the club's KW181's. The left signal out of the board goes only to the sub's. The right signal, only to the 615's.
I simply pan all vocals and instruments hard right, and run those signals to the 615's.
The kick drum and bass guitar are set at 50/50 pan. This works really well - and I run the 615's in the full-range mode (not monitor mode).

No crossover needed!

Good point….I always liked to have the ability to run stereo so I could use panning if necessary and I never had enough auxes to run aux subs - needed them for monitors - so I had no choice but to use a c/over. But good option if OP has the flexibility….

Timothy Jones

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2014, 03:31:20 AM »

Thanks for all the information which was spot on. Im tried the ksubs with my 615s and they are just pointless. They only send full range as stated and why mess with an external crossover. If we want big sound I really need is the powered 18's, when I hooked the 718's up with my 615s it sounded AWESOME, and a trailer to haul them in.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 03:33:43 AM by Timothy Jones »

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2014, 09:18:01 AM »

Thanks for all the information which was spot on. Im tried the ksubs with my 615s and they are just pointless. They only send full range as stated and why mess with an external crossover. If we want big sound I really need is the powered 18's, when I hooked the 718's up with my 615s it sounded AWESOME, and a trailer to haul them in.
The first time you use the PRX 615's with 718's live , you'll  realize it was a wise choice !

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2014, 09:18:01 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 23 queries.