ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: $1000 high power Class D power amps- Peavey IPR2 7500 or Behringer NU 12000 or ?  (Read 28180 times)

John Chiara

Thought I'd post a quick follow-up. I went ahead and purchased the IPR2 7500DSP, and now have around 18 nights on it. Amazing sub amp - easily better than the two Behringer EPX4000s I was using previously.

I haven't done another outdoor gig since I got it, but the owner of one club had me turn the subs down because the windows were rattling at the businesses across the street and he was worried about a noise complaint.

DSP is pretty basic. I wish the HP filter could be set lower than it can (around 32hz). On "The Motto" (classic hip-hop track that for better or worse popularized the term YOLO) the low "B"s  (30.8hz and they're almost sine waves) were attenuated and didn't shake the club like they usually do. "Headband" with it's thunderous low "C"s fared better. I may just take HP off completely

The high pass also sets the cutoff for the Maxxbass processing. Have you tried it with the Maxxbass on? If you have reflex subs the difference will be pretty dramatic and can help with the rattling at sub frequencies.

ProSoundWeb Community

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 25 queries.