ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PA systems comparison  (Read 3450 times)

Marjan Dobelsek

PA systems comparison
« on: August 10, 2014, 05:11:14 AM »

We're going to have open-air party (50-100 people) for which we'll have to rent PA system. We're going to use notebook + midi controller for music source and we'll probably play electronic/house music mainly. Since we're a limited by transport, system should be as small as possible while as loud and as quality possible. I've got several offers but these 3 are in my top selection. Please note that 3rd one is almost 2x more expensive, so 1st or 2nd ones should be preferred.

1st:
2x EV ZLX12P
1x subwoofer FBT MAXX10SA

2nd:
2x Wharfedale SH1294
1x Wharfedale SH1500

3rd:
2x Martin Audio V3X
1x Martin Audio WSX

I don't have much experience with PA systems, so I was wondering if you could please advise me on which system to go with? Thanks in advance!

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Rules
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 07:40:55 AM »

I don't have much experience with PA systems, so I was wondering if you could please advise me

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac

Simon Ryder

• Audio Engineer LTD
Re: PA systems comparison
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 07:07:48 PM »

We're going to have open-air party (50-100 people) for which we'll have to rent PA system. We're going to use notebook + midi controller for music source and we'll probably play electronic/house music mainly. Since we're a limited by transport, system should be as small as possible while as loud and as quality possible. I've got several offers but these 3 are in my top selection. Please note that 3rd one is almost 2x more expensive, so 1st or 2nd ones should be preferred.

1st:
2x EV ZLX12P

2nd:
2x Wharfedale SH1294
1x Wharfedale SH1500

3rd:
2x Martin Audio V3X
1x Martin Audio WSX

I don't have much experience with PA systems, so I was wondering if you could please advise me on which system to go with? Thanks in advance!

Well, in order of preference:

the Martin is pro standard gear

The EV / FBT is borderline music shop / pro but is mismatched and won't couple together that well.

The Wharfedale is cheap junk best suited to a bedroom DJ or a dodgy wedding function band.

In short, you get what you pay for....
Rental Stockist of:
D&B Audiotechnik
DAS Audio
Soundcraft
Midas
Shure
Sennheiser
DPA

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 07:31:55 PM »

1st:
2x EV ZLX12P

2nd:
2x Wharfedale SH1294
1x Wharfedale SH1500

3rd:
2x Martin Audio V3X
1x Martin Audio WSX

Are you sure that the V3X is a correct model #?

Lee
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 07:31:55 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 24 queries.