ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless Intercom options  (Read 4840 times)

Marshall Husted

• Premier Creative Group
Wireless Intercom options
« on: August 06, 2014, 03:05:06 PM »

Hey guys,

Looking for an option for a replacement for a Telex BTR700 Wireless Com system that's getting a little long in the tooth.  Trying to budget <$8k for a single channel, 4 belt back system with recharge kit etc.  Anything out there you guys could recommend as solid?  Priced out Tempest system and it's a little out of what we would like to invest...This is being used for corporate, concert type shows, not an install system, so needs to be flexible, and durable.  Also needs to interface with Clearcom product line.  Thanks for any suggestions...

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: Wireless Intercom options
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 03:12:17 PM »

Hey guys,

Looking for an option for a replacement for a Telex BTR700 Wireless Com system that's getting a little long in the tooth.  Trying to budget <$8k for a single channel, 4 belt back system with recharge kit etc.  Anything out there you guys could recommend as solid?  Priced out Tempest system and it's a little out of what we would like to invest...This is being used for corporate, concert type shows, not an install system, so needs to be flexible, and durable.  Also needs to interface with Clearcom product line.  Thanks for any suggestions...

I have not been particularly happy with any of the digital comms systems out there right now. I think Tempest was the least objectionable, but I could be wrong on that. I am looking forward to trying the Radio Active Designs UV-1G, but it is not out in the wild yet, waiting for FCC type approval.

Mac

John J Saunders

• John J Saunders
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 06:32:32 PM »

What ever you do don't get the cheaper hme wireless. They are terrible. Small example is the 2 channel unit is really only 1 channel of talk and listen at a time. Super noisy also.

We have a tempest system and it's not bad but not great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
John Saunders

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 07:07:13 PM »

We recently bought a Clearcom Cellcom system. We demoed both the Cellcom and Tempest systems and the Reidel Acrobat. We've been mostly happy with the Cellcom system after we did a reinstall of the antennas last summer. The Cellcom seemed to sound better and had less latency and a better beltpack design.

I'm not sure you can get four beltpacks and a bas station with antennas transceivers for under $8,000. We spent about $62,000 for 18 beltpacks, base station and 8 antenna transceivers and chargers etc...

I too am interested in see the RAD system, even though we won't be buying one any time soon.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 08:38:06 PM »

We recently bought a Clearcom Cellcom system. We demoed both the Cellcom and Tempest systems and the Reidel Acrobat. We've been mostly happy with the Cellcom system after we did a reinstall of the antennas last summer. The Cellcom seemed to sound better and had less latency and a better beltpack design.

I'm not sure you can get four beltpacks and a bas station with antennas transceivers for under $8,000. We spent about $62,000 for 18 beltpacks, base station and 8 antenna transceivers and chargers etc...

I too am interested in see the RAD system, even though we won't be buying one any time soon.

We have tempest 900 and are quite happy with it.  I spent a lot of time debating buying another BTR or going digital.  The future tv bandwidth issues convinced me to look to a different part of the spectrum. 

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 10:02:35 PM »

I have not been particularly happy with any of the digital comms systems out there right now. I think Tempest was the least objectionable, but I could be wrong on that. I am looking forward to trying the Radio Active Designs UV-1G, but it is not out in the wild yet, waiting for FCC type approval.

The UV-1G received FCC type approval last November. It has not however received the approval of the RAD principals; we are still finessing the audio response and cleaning up some loose ends on the final production boards. Soon now. Very soon now . . .

Henry Cohen
Senior Applications Engineer
FCC Compliance
Radio Active Designs
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2014, 02:37:38 AM »

Henry, when you get the system finalized, I would love to host an open product demo for the middle of the country at my venue.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2014, 09:16:13 AM »

The new version of CellCom, Freespeak II is another great improvement.  The beltpacks are even nicer with dual diversity internal antennas.  Audio quality is better too but still not what you can get from analog.

I'm not sure you can get four beltpacks and a bas station with antennas transceivers for under $8,000.
The MSRP for a 4 drop RAD UV-1G is $8500.00 and 6 drop $11,340.00 for 6 drop.
That is what i recommend first.
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2014, 03:26:55 PM »

Does the UV-1G use digital or analog transmission? Related to that, is there latency?
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2014, 03:37:37 PM »

Does the UV-1G use digital or analog transmission? Related to that, is there latency?

Hopefully Henry will chime in, but IIRC it is an analog system that may use DSP for pre and/or post audio processing.

I know they are cognizant of the issues caused by latency and are making every effort to minimize it.

Mac

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2014, 03:37:37 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 22 queries.