ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Earthing Pit  (Read 15917 times)

Jerome Malsack

Re: Earthing Pit
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2014, 12:30:15 PM »

On another note, my wife showed me a gardening show where they took two clear containers with a hole in the bottom to allow the water to drain.  Placed loose gravel in the bottom of one with dirt above the gravel.  In the second container it was just dirt. 

Adding water to the two.  The first one with the gravel the water did not move down into the gravel very much.  The other one passed the water top to bottom and slowly drained.  Basically they said the water does not move to the gravel because of boundary.  So the moisture will stay above the gravel and not move into that area.   

So in my area with 1 inch top soil with clay under there is little movement of the water and explains why we have standing water in the low spots in the yard.  These puddles will stay 2 or 3 days after a rain.   

Tim Padrick

• Indianapolis
    • T.P. Audio
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2014, 06:48:50 PM »

On another note, my wife showed me a gardening show where they took two clear containers with a hole in the bottom to allow the water to drain.  Placed loose gravel in the bottom of one with dirt above the gravel.  In the second container it was just dirt. 

Adding water to the two.  The first one with the gravel the water did not move down into the gravel very much.  The other one passed the water top to bottom and slowly drained.  Basically they said the water does not move to the gravel because of boundary.  So the moisture will stay above the gravel and not move into that area.   

So in my area with 1 inch top soil with clay under there is little movement of the water and explains why we have standing water in the low spots in the yard.  These puddles will stay 2 or 3 days after a rain.

That seems to argue against the use of the age old Simple Dry Well for removal of standing water.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2014, 06:48:50 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 25 queries.