ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Presonus StudioLive AI Speakers- Anyone using them??  (Read 2365 times)

Rich Grisier

• Erie, PA
Presonus StudioLive AI Speakers- Anyone using them??
« on: February 24, 2014, 10:47:49 AM »

In a recent search for active speakers I came across the Presonus line of AI Speakers.  I was surprised to see they had actually been unveiled over a year ago at NAMM 2013!  I've seen little talk about them here.  In fact, the only thread that shows up when I search for 328AI is THIS one.

Is anyone using these speakers?? Various online retailers show the 328AI is available. I'm just wondering if these would be good for venues of 500 - 700 people.

Chris Tsanjoures

Re: Presonus StudioLive AI Speakers- Anyone using them??
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 11:32:46 AM »

I don't personally own a pair, but I have used them. The last time being the 328AI at the Manship theater, in Baton Rouge. They were both over two of the PreSonus single 18" subs and really were terrific. They have a response characteristics on par with most high-end professional products on the market; the engineering behind the PreSonus Ai speakers is quite reputable - http://www.proaudio-central.com/product-news/Speakers/PreSonus-collaborates-with-Fulcrum-Acoustic-for-AI-loudspeaker-ranges

The Theater's capacity is 325, and they worked wonderfully. The FOH guy mixed extremely hot, and I did hear some clipping however, I can't say whether it was the speakers or the mixer as I recall quite a few red lights on the input channels. Regardless, it is tough to say if a pair would suite your needs for 500-700, as you didn't specify and SPL values, or what the typical program would be. Cheers - C.

I am employed by Rational Acoustics. Besides being a Product Manager for the Smaart Platform, I operate as a fully deployable Smaart Ninja (aka Instructor/System Guy).

Jonah Powell

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 05:30:54 PM »

I just heard these at a music store demo the other day and they sounded promising.  Now 6 months since the last post has anyone else had a chance to use/hear them? Thoughts or opinions?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 05:30:54 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 23 queries.