ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: What do you use for a Router  (Read 15234 times)

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
Re: What do you use for a Router
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2014, 03:58:17 PM »

I'm using 10.10 as well, and have found it to be a bit sluggish overall.  Hopefully we'll see improvements.  Also have had it completely lock up and get out of memory errors a few times.  It's still obviously beta.
10.10 has been working OK for me. I had a problem with Time Machine not being able to browse backups, I never tried to determine the root cause, may have been corrupted backups, and Dante Controller doesn't seem to work (Audinate is working on it, it was actually very nice to see Audinate have mention of 10.10 on their home page), but DVS seems to work fine during a little bit of testing so I could record through Dante. GLD edit seems to work fine.  10.10 feels a little more sluggish for me on my 8GB 2009 17"MacBook Pro and it appears to consume a bit more memory.  Parallels starts up but I haven't used it.  FWIW, performance on betas is not definitive of the released product.

Update on 10.10 Beta... I just updated to Beta 2 and so far many of the performance issues I was having have gone away. Most of the animations are smooth now and it feels much more optimized.

Anyway sorry again for hijacking this topic.  :)

And Mark, Time Machine seems to be working fine.

Edit: There are also several new visual tweaks I've noticed.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 04:09:15 PM by Tommy Peel »

John Koepke Jr.

• American Canyon, CA.
    • http://www.superiorlightandsound.com
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2014, 04:59:57 PM »

Merlijn,
Can I ask what model of Antenna that is?  All the Antenna's I have found so far are 2.4ghz and not the 5ghz models.  Thanks in Advance.

Ubiquity Bullet 5 GHz + omni antenna = around € 90,- euros in total. Works like a charm. Also comes in 2.4 GHz. Fits in microphone clamp.
"I gotta have more cow bell baby!"

Merlijn van Veen

• www.merlijnvanveen.nl
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2014, 07:17:51 PM »

Merlijn,
Can I ask what model of Antenna that is?  All the Antenna's I have found so far are 2.4ghz and not the 5ghz models.  Thanks in Advance.

Hi John,

It's just a regular antenna, nothing special. Bought it at varia-store.com in Germany.

John durisko

« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2014, 03:14:00 AM »

Merlijn,

I recently picked up the bullet M5 and haven't had much luck getting it programmed for use. Is there anything you could point me towards that you may have run into

Merlijn van Veen

• www.merlijnvanveen.nl
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2014, 04:26:08 AM »

Merlijn,

I recently picked up the bullet M5 and haven't had much luck getting it programmed for use. Is there anything you could point me towards that you may have run into

It's been a while, it's pretty much set and forget, so forgive me if the details aren't completely accurate.

First you have to decide if you want to use the bullet as router or access point (or any of the other modes).

I use it as AP connected to an existing router.

I followed the manual which is pretty straight forward IMO as are the wizards in the software.

Make sure that you turn off AIRmax. This is proprietary technology that doesn't work with other brands.

If you use 5 GHz, depending on you locale and regulations, the bullet has to scan for free channels. This can take up to 10 minutes and caught me of guard in the beginning.

Regards,

Merlijn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2014, 04:26:08 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 24 queries.