ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What am I missing??  (Read 8020 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
What am I missing??
« on: July 31, 2014, 10:02:45 AM »

I finally downloaded Luminair yesterday after realizing the free apps I was using were either far too restricting or simply prone to failure.

So to get going, I attempted to set up a simple program of scenes.

I have to be missing a small piece of the puzzle though because this is my problem…..
If I set up my tracks with the fixtures from the library (unsure how to do this custom) , choose the colors or mode within those tracks and then try to create a scene using those colors, I can see scene 1 underneath the tracks. Then, if I change the tracks to a new color or mode and create a new scene, although I see 2 new scenes 1 and 2 below the tracks, neither of the scenes function. I see the small meters below the scenes moving when I tap them but nothing changes. What did I miss that is preventing the scenes from saving the choices I have made in the tracks????

Or am I missing the concept altogether????
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: What am I missing??
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 11:29:24 AM »

Well strangely I can get scenes to save now
but not always ... mmmm. Not sure what the difference is between a scene and a cue though or how to get to cues.....
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Steve Garris

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 08:03:35 PM »

Well strangely I can get scenes to save now
but not always ... mmmm. Not sure what the difference is between a scene and a cue though or how to get to cues.....

I read through their manuals and watched every video, but none of it made sense to me. If you do get it up and running, I'll be interested in how!

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 09:02:35 PM »

I read through their manuals and watched every video, but none of it made sense to me. If you do get it up and running, I'll be interested in how!

Ive been playing with it the last few days and finally I am getting somewhere.
I have been able to save scenes and name them. Then add the scenes I choose to the 'stacks' and get chases to play. Then I can take photos of the effect and label each one with a picture…kind of fun.
I have some reservations however…... it seems a little temperamental  and sometimes the scenes won't play from the stacks page and I have to go back to the programming page and it will play……not sure why the glitch is happening. Also I d like to be able to programme fade out but it doesn't allow me to - fade in only.
The other thing I'd like is a dedicated master fader always available but I have to click on an icon for it to show and it disappears each time.
It's not as good as I thought it was going to be especially for $80. I should have worked with the other app developer - we were getting close  AND it was free!!!
Anyhoo……..Ive paid now so Ill contact the engineers with my questions and I should get good support for a paid app right???

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 10:00:38 PM »

Ive been playing with it the last few days and finally I am getting somewhere.
I have been able to save scenes and name them. Then add the scenes I choose to the 'stacks' and get chases to play. Then I can take photos of the effect and label each one with a picture…kind of fun.
I have some reservations however…... it seems a little temperamental  and sometimes the scenes won't play from the stacks page and I have to go back to the programming page and it will play……not sure why the glitch is happening. Also I d like to be able to programme fade out but it doesn't allow me to - fade in only.
The other thing I'd like is a dedicated master fader always available but I have to click on an icon for it to show and it disappears each time.
It's not as good as I thought it was going to be especially for $80. I should have worked with the other app developer - we were getting close  AND it was free!!!
Anyhoo……..Ive paid now so Ill contact the engineers with my questions and I should get good support for a paid app right???

Good support for an $80 App?  I am sure it happens but I have applications that cost 100 times that I have to open a service ticket and leave an offering for the god's then maybe they will tell me how stupid I am.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 10:13:00 PM »

Good support for an $80 App?  I am sure it happens but I have applications that cost 100 times that I have to open a service ticket and leave an offering for the god's then maybe they will tell me how stupid I am.

Ha ha…..I have heard good things about the support team for the app though…
I had no idea you could spend that much money on an app…. I am but a little fish !

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 10:40:18 PM »

Ha ha…..I have heard good things about the support team for the app though…
I had no idea you could spend that much money on an app…. I am but a little fish !

Well I should say that I am old, so I guess if you mean app it's something that runs on a tablet or a phone.  But Windows 8 has an app store so those are apps too.

When I say app I mean an application that runs on a server or a PC.  I also had a bad day that our CRM software vendor was not being cooperative so I don't think much of developers today. 
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2014, 04:33:56 PM »

I have been able to program a nice set of chases and scenes that will work nicely for the band.  However, I have a couple of Martin SCX500 scanners that are nice to throw into the mix sometimes.  I have only been able to set them to work on auto program but I'd like to be able to program them to do what I want with Luminair.

They are too old to be in the fixture library and I tried to program the channels myself but failed miserably. So I laboriously went through various built in programs of other fixtures in the software and was able to find one that had the same channel assignments. I had to do the same thing with my Blizzard Q12's…I chose the Q6 preset instead.
Now I cannot work out how to program the XY functions. This is new to me and I cannot grasp it. I get what the X and Y are and I can get them to control movement if I work from the XY graph but I cannot work out how I can control them automatically with out relying on the built in auto function of the fixture. Am I asking it to do something it won't do? I hope not as this seems pretty fundamental for lighting…

One more thing, the app has closed on me without reason quite a few times now and it is when I am programming - not  in tracks… is that normal??

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2014, 05:19:19 PM »

<rant>
I feel you pain with lighting stuff... I've tinkered with the lights in the youth room at a church I mix at regularly and it's always a PITA. They've recently added some movers and switched from a stand alone light board to a PC running Light Factory. I must say that Light Factory is one of the most unintuitive programs I've ever used; it may be the way it's setup(the church's light guy set it up), but everything you do in it seems to be more difficult than necessary. For example it's just about impossible to figure out by looking at the screen which fixtures are selected and can be controlled by the open control panel window.
</rant>
P.S.
Which iPad and iOS version are you using?

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2014, 10:11:18 PM »

<rant>
I feel you pain with lighting stuff... I've tinkered with the lights in the youth room at a church I mix at regularly and it's always a PITA. They've recently added some movers and switched from a stand alone light board to a PC running Light Factory. I must say that Light Factory is one of the most unintuitive programs I've ever used; it may be the way it's setup(the church's light guy set it up), but everything you do in it seems to be more difficult than necessary. For example it's just about impossible to figure out by looking at the screen which fixtures are selected and can be controlled by the open control panel window.
</rant>
P.S.
Which iPad and iOS version are you using?

iOS 7.1.2

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2014, 10:11:18 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 26 queries.