ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Hot Tub & Beer & Outlets, Oh my...  (Read 8839 times)

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
Re: Hot Tub & Beer & Outlets, Oh my...
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2014, 01:37:09 PM »

I have had personal knowledge of a few things that were reported in the news.  From this I have come to be leave that the news usually gets the date at the top of the page right.  They also usually.......  Well they get the date right.

Not always. A community newspaper I subscribe to has even gotten that wrong. (One time, due to an editor/publisher/writer/photographer/janitor's error, an entire page of the previous week's paper got reprinted.)

Cut-and-paste can be your friend, but it's your evil friend.
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2014, 02:13:24 PM »

Not always. A community newspaper I subscribe to has even gotten that wrong. (One time, due to an editor/publisher/writer/photographer/janitor's error, an entire page of the previous week's paper got reprinted.)

Cut-and-paste can be your friend, but it's your evil friend.

I have come to the conclusion that humans working at the newspaper no longer read the articles they wrote. Lately I have been seeing homophones appear in articles in the WSJ, a real newspaper. These are words that sound the same but have different meaning, like the reporters literally phoned in their articles and the speech recognition software recognized the wrong words. :-(

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2014, 06:22:55 PM »

I have had personal knowledge of a few things that were reported in the news.  From this I have come to be leave that the news usually gets the date at the top of the page right.  They also usually.......  Well they get the date right.

The local news said some nice things about my wife and I and didn't call me out when I got some folks out of a house fire, I could not find the video they put out, that camera operator was at least not 5'2" shooting my 6'4" head,  I look like Jabba the Hutt with a goiter.

http://goo.gl/jdae3c

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2014, 06:22:55 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 24 queries.