ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: JBL STX Owners......  (Read 20540 times)

Brad Dillon

Re: JBL STX Owners......
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2014, 04:14:44 PM »

I am Satisfied with My STX 828S subs..
Brad Dillon

Lance Richens

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2014, 08:06:55 PM »

The driver in the stx line is quite a bit different than the older srx driver. Like I said, I've had zero driver failure's with my srx 725's & they've been used with the same amps & processing. I did buy these 4 825's, refurbished from JBL direct so this has me wondering if their might be an issue. I'm going to contact them tomorrow & see what they say.
Too Soon Old, Too Late Smart.....

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2014, 08:52:31 PM »

The driver in the stx line is quite a bit different than the older srx driver. Like I said, I've had zero driver failure's with my srx 725's & they've been used with the same amps & processing. I did buy these 4 825's, refurbished from JBL direct so this has me wondering if their might be an issue. I'm going to contact them tomorrow & see what they say.

Refurbished from JBL direct?

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2014, 09:27:12 PM »

I know!   That's something I have never heard of.

Bob Kidd

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2014, 09:29:14 PM »

That may have been some important information left out of original post.

Alex Rigodanzo

• U.P. of MI "M Go Blue!"
    • Next Myle band
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2014, 11:36:32 PM »

I don't buy the price of neo argument since Peavey is still making dirt cheap PR cabs with neo and Eminence neo drivers aren't any more expensive than they were before.  Lots of companies are still building drivers with neo.
I'm not single, I'm in a long-term relationship with Freedom

Bob Kidd

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2014, 12:56:13 AM »

I don't buy the price of neo argument since Peavey is still making dirt cheap PR cabs with neo and Eminence neo drivers aren't any more expensive than they were before.  Lots of companies are still building drivers with neo.

And even if it was, let the market determine if the increase of making the product is worth it. Based on resale I think the demand would have still been there.

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2014, 07:56:15 AM »

Actually the decision was supposed to have been made based on the constantly rising cost and single source availability at the time. You should also know that it costs MORE for JBL to manufacture many of the drivers being used in the STX line, and that the STX line utilizes well proven time tested drivers well known for their ability to absorb punishment. The 18" 2242 is one of my favorite drivers, I've bought many of them, I sue them myself, and not one I can think of used properly has ever failed. Of course you should expect that when you pay over $1100 for the driver.

The venerable 2453H is the EXACT same driver used in the SRX725s after 2011. There is no sonic difference, mechanical difference or does it have less capability. The driver is rated for 75W RMS, none of mine have ever failed, and I can tell no difference between my older 725s and newer 725s using this driver.

Retail price of the previous model 2451 - $1780.00

If you destroy these drivers, it's NOT the driver. I will bet a paycheck the drivers/cabinets are over powered and processed incorrectly.

There is no substitute for the correct power to these drivers, 150W, or the correct processing.

If processing or power seems to elude you then run the cabinets in passive mode. They'll sound wonderful, and you'll be spending a lot less money on destroyed parts. 
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2014, 10:25:20 AM »

Yeah, that doesn't ring true.  The only things I've seen/heard off sold direct from JBL are oddball parts, halfs of symmetric pairs (control room monitors), and discontinued kak.  Not sure if it's still there, but on JBL Professional's site there was a link that said "Tent Sale" and that's where these leftovers were liquidated.

Never seen JBL sell current products directly.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2014, 10:38:44 AM »

Yeah, that doesn't ring true.  The only things I've seen/heard off sold direct from JBL are oddball parts, halfs of symmetric pairs (control room monitors), and discontinued kak.  Not sure if it's still there, but on JBL Professional's site there was a link that said "Tent Sale" and that's where these leftovers were liquidated.

Never seen JBL sell current products directly.
A couple of weeks ago I did see an eBay account under their name, claimed to be the official JBL eBay account. All brand new gear, listed at street price, and I think everything had "Make An Offer!" available...   -- Yeah, there it is, ebay usr jbl-direct - claiming to be "the official JBL eBay store" -- who knows if that's legit or not, though. I get the vibe that JBL would smack them down for making that sorta claim if they we're affiliated with JBL, tho.

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2014, 10:38:44 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 25 queries.