ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: JBL STX Owners......  (Read 12390 times)

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.
Re: JBL STX Owners......
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2014, 11:39:23 am »

Not sure if this is directly related to the problem being discussed, but I had a high freq failure last week in one of my SRX 722s.  It is one of the newer version that uses the same 2453 drivers as the STX series.  Of course the first thing I thought was blown driver, but after some basic trouble shooting I discovered a bad solder connection on the crossover board.  A little touch up with my soldering gun and I was back in business.

I also had the molex connection problem that Scott mentioned on a brand new, out of the box 618XLF.

I can't help but wonder if JBL is having quality control issues since moving some of its manufacturing to Mexico.

Nitin Sidhu

• New Delhi, India.
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2014, 01:11:11 pm »

Two way bi-amp box?  At least I think that is what OP is trying to say.

Yes True. I am also aware that I am yet to come across a bi-amp'ed SRX/VRX box in this country, STX is barely starting to show, so presumption on my part.

I am also aware that there has been a magical amount of hogwash from the JBL dealers in this country. For example, a vendor I know got a magical 4886 preset that would no longer allow his HF drivers in the cabinets to blow. They did not say if the preset was ST or LT.
My RTA is always flat.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2014, 01:11:11 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.