ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Discussion Systems  (Read 1780 times)

Adam Whetham

• Grand Forks, ND
Discussion Systems
« on: July 23, 2014, 05:02:41 PM »

So I'm working on Quotes and getting demo's of both systems but I'm interested in what other people have to say about either.

Sennheiser ADN vs the DIS DDS-5900.

I don't have experience with either and have watched about all the video's I've been able to find on them along with read most everything brochure wise. There are a few differences, but I can't really decide if anything sways me towards either besides price.

Both are wired which is fine. These will be used in a few different rooms at my building and I'm able to run wires without issue.
I'm not interested in integrating a conference phone call yet, but both seem to support this.
Both appear to be able to provide options to record the meeting which is needed for me due to open records laws in our state.

Is there anything stand out to either that anyone has ran into?

Thanks!

-I practice safe excursion on the weekends.

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -Paul Neal "Red" Adair

Jordan Wolf

Re: Discussion Systems
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 10:43:26 AM »

Hi Adam,

I don't have experience with either make/model specifically, but I have used similar units from Brahler and Bosch in a live event type setup.

If this is going to be self-supporting, I think you should be fine, but I stay away from systems like that if any amount of reinforcement is necessary.  Broadcast, recording, etc. they're alright for. I don't care for the sound quality, but that could be due to how they are often misapplied to the events I am forced to use them in.

Give me quality, wired goosenecks with some good DSP and I'm happy. If the Shure and Sennheiser systems have that part down, I'd be willing to give those models a shot.

Hope that helps.
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Discussion Systems
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 10:43:26 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.548 seconds with 24 queries.