ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Small PA thoughts  (Read 14066 times)

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Re: Small PA thoughts
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2014, 11:30:16 PM »

Where is "local"?

THe AL-4's and AL-8's are also seriously expensive.  The list on 8 AL-4's, two flybar's and a V4 systems engine (amp and processing) is $43,000 list.  From the folks that have heard them have been awestruck and that's a serious word.  I think the company that invests in a complete AL inventory and training is going to have a real edge on the competition that are invested in 10 year old technology.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Kurt Nyberg

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2014, 02:50:24 PM »

Dear Dave,

The FBT Vertus CLA might be a great choice, compact self powered line array units that can be stacked rather high, are easy to setup, not very expensive and likely very suitable for vocal applications.

www.fbt.it

Else unpowered maybe TW Audio MY-SYS-ONE or the powered Joker Series i.e. JK318A by Master Audio.

www.twaudio.de
www.master-audio.com

I could imagine that the high end line arry systems by D&B Audiotechnik, L'Acoustics and Meyer etc. will indeed exceed your budget unless you truly want to end up with a 2 top 2 sub scenario. But if you are ready for that scenario I'd rather go for something like Meyer Sound JM-1P or MSL-6 or any of their other powered point source or the powered L'Acoustics coaxial P Series. Unpowered maybe E Series from D&B Audiotechnik or the ARCS from L'Acoustics... or possibly the less costly JBL VRX line..

Below is a picture of the FBT Vertus CLA.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 02:52:10 PM by Cord Nieberg »

Dave Horo

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2014, 02:51:07 PM »

Where is "local"?

Philadelphia area.

Kurt Nyberg

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2014, 02:51:09 PM »

Another suggestion.. RCF...

RCF NX L-24A and RCF SUB8004-AS (As seen below)

Thomas Le

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2014, 09:47:47 PM »

Yuck, column line arrays... Sorry but IMO I'll take a regular box over the columns, I was not impressed with the performance of the small drivers. My experience stems from the RH iconyx. Don't forget that OP also needs music to amplify also, not just vocals.

Aaron Talley

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2014, 12:27:17 AM »

I have ETX and QSC boxes.
Either one will do what you want with 2 a side. The ETX boxes do sound better IMO.
Either one will also have decent resale value and be easy to move if down the line you decide you need something different.
The QSC boxes could be had for a good value used right now and make your return on investment potentially make more "cents"

Matt Vivlamore

• Lab Lounge
  • Southern Maryland
    • https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2014, 09:35:23 AM »

Oh were is my post from beginning of the year...

Tops: I would lean towards the FA22ac for the 500 person crowds and 'louder' SPL requirements... My second choice is the FA12ac (you'll save about $750-1000 per cab) are great as well and can cover 500 people with a lower SPL requirements.  Kirby Y has the FA12ac/TS215ac combo and regularly mixes outdoor community events with 500 person crowds; but SPL limits enforced. 

Subs: I'll be selling off my IT8000/SRX718s (x4) in favor of the TS215ac (x2)... but I'll look at other subs as well when the time comes (1-2 years out).

This weekend, I am using just the FA22ac in a 100 person bar with a rock band.  I'll report back.
We're based in Southern Maryland, and LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/

John Lackner

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2014, 02:13:44 AM »

Another suggestion.. RCF...

RCF NX L-24A and RCF SUB8004-AS (As seen below)

I have tried these RCF column cabinets at an outdoor event and I was highly impressed at the output, coverage, and fidelity that was coming out of them. True, there are some column line arrays that come up a bit short but these were standouts.
Do you HEAR what you SEE? "Listen with your eyes, look with your ears" - Captain Beefheart

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2014, 02:13:44 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 24 queries.