ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Control Projector and Media Files with Automation  (Read 4137 times)

Aaron ODell

Control Projector and Media Files with Automation
« on: July 11, 2014, 03:34:04 PM »

I'm trying to figure out how to turn on/off a projector and play a media file or a playlist of files all from a user friendly interface.  Anybody have any suggestions on how to setup a system like this?

My thought so far is that this is either a home automation solution or potentially a fully PC solution using automation software.  I have a ton of experience with serial, ethernet, 485 and the like, but I don't know much about what products are out there that could accomplish what I need.

Are there projectors out there that can be controlled via data signal?

Thanks for any info/help!

Cailen Waddell

Re: Control Projector and Media Files with Automation
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 04:07:29 PM »

Google to learn a bit about amx or Crestron. They are going to be two of the big controls manufacturers.  Extron as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric Simna

• A440 Sound
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 11:25:23 PM »

I'm trying to figure out how to turn on/off a projector and play a media file or a playlist of files all from a user friendly interface.  Anybody have any suggestions on how to setup a system like this?

My thought so far is that this is either a home automation solution or potentially a fully PC solution using automation software.  I have a ton of experience with serial, ethernet, 485 and the like, but I don't know much about what products are out there that could accomplish what I need.

Are there projectors out there that can be controlled via data signal?

Thanks for any info/help!

ShowCueSystem.com

The software has the ability to send video out of a second output and also send RS232/485 etc.  There is other software out there as well, this is the one that I have some experience with.  It was originally for audio only and has grown into what it is now.  Very powerful.

Aaron ODell

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 09:58:50 AM »

Thanks Eric and Cailen!  You guys have helped me find a solution.  Instead of using serial or 485, I am going to use Telnet commands with the Show Cue Systems software.  This way, I can use a Telnet app and control the projector from my cell phone.  Thanks again.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 09:58:50 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 24 queries.