ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: QSc 6.0 II replacements  (Read 3038 times)

Montez Carter

QSc 6.0 II replacements
« on: July 10, 2014, 10:05:00 PM »

Hello all, I have 8 of the QSC 6.0II's that mainly stay on sub duty for my SB1000Z's i only run 1 cab per side for a 4 ohm load as I tried 2 ohm once while in a pinch and they sound horrible at 2 ohms so they stay at 4 ohm. I bounce these racks back and forth between the SB's and some Martin WS218X subs. I am trying to build up enough amps to run the Martin system and the EAW rig if they are out on two different gigs. I find these used on ebay but I am looking for thoughts on some alternatives that I could find used. I like 6.0's but they stay into clip alot on the Martins as I feel they could handle more as the guy I purchased them from had FP14K's on them and they sounded shall you say more agressive on kick but they are out of my price range. I am seeing some Itech 6K's for sale used and I can find enough to buy at one time. Would anyone recommend those or any other thoughts to power these that I can find used or second hand? Personal experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
Re: QSc 6.0 II replacements
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 12:49:42 PM »

I have some used K6s for sale that would do the job.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Raul Suarez

• Third Ear Sound
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 01:12:57 AM »

If you decide to stay with the QSC's, we have enough 6.0pfc that we can help you out with.  They are in excellent condition. 

Be careful if are planning to mix the QSC and Itechs.  You will need to compensate for the Itech propagation time.  Also, the Itech 6k's are for all intents essentially the same power as the 6.0.

Raul Suarez
Third Ear Sound
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 01:15:05 AM by Raul Suarez »
Raul Suarez
General Manager
Third Ear Sound

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 11:59:00 PM »

If you decide to stay with the QSC's, we have enough 6.0pfc that we can help you out with.  They are in excellent condition. 

Be careful if are planning to mix the QSC and Itechs.  You will need to compensate for the Itech propagation time.  Also, the Itech 6k's are for all intents essentially the same power as the 6.0.

Raul Suarez
Third Ear Sound

Though a K6 (as Mike suggested) isn't the same as a 6k.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Jason Joseph

• Vibrant Soundz
    • VibrantSoundz.net
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 09:04:09 AM »

QSC PL380 about the same power only 2 rack space.

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 02:18:43 PM »

Hello all, I have 8 of the QSC 6.0II's that mainly stay on sub duty for my SB1000Z's i only run 1 cab per side for a 4 ohm load as I tried 2 ohm once while in a pinch and they sound horrible at 2 ohms so they stay at 4 ohm. I bounce these racks back and forth between the SB's and some Martin WS218X subs. I am trying to build up enough amps to run the Martin system and the EAW rig if they are out on two different gigs. I find these used on ebay but I am looking for thoughts on some alternatives that I could find used. I like 6.0's but they stay into clip alot on the Martins as I feel they could handle more as the guy I purchased them from had FP14K's on them and they sounded shall you say more agressive on kick but they are out of my price range. I am seeing some Itech 6K's for sale used and I can find enough to buy at one time. Would anyone recommend those or any other thoughts to power these that I can find used or second hand? Personal experiences would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.speakerpower.net/

Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 02:18:43 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.