ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestions for a looper.  (Read 7325 times)

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
Re: Suggestions for a looper.
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2014, 02:10:56 PM »

Jerome PM me and suggested simply using an iPod. Ironically, I had considered that but not seriously. It almost seems too easy….Am I over thinking this???
Yes.
An iPod works fine (my musical partner and I use one frequently), the only issue I have heard of is tracks shifting from left to right, which can be a real problem if a click track is recorded on one track.

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2014, 03:26:06 PM »

Debbie, something like this: FL Studio might work. I'm sure there are similar apps for iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch though something like a Nexus 7 dedicated to the task might work well.

Sent from my Moto X (XT1053) using Tapatalk

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2014, 08:14:27 PM »

Debbie - if it's not something you need to control, the Boss RC3 is stomp box sized and can import/export WAV files. That would be one of the simplest ones. Similar is the new TC Looper (the bigger one) that also has that feature.

Rick Powell

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2014, 08:48:59 PM »

We decided we needed something a little more robust than an Ipod or mp3 pocket player, although several people use them including some who could afford better. CD players are too prone to skipping from shock and vibration.

$200 got us this, with XLR outs.  Uses SD cards (the kind that digital cameras use) to load and store the tracks, which I create in my home studio and convert to mp3.  We use the left channel for click and the right channel for sample mix, with a little bleed into the click thru the drummer's headphones.  However you can't record directly into it, the samples must be offloaded from a USB to SD caddy.

American Audio Media Operator  http://www.adjaudio.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ItemNumber=1373&MainId=1&Category=23

For $200 you might consider this sampler also, which can also store song-length tracks on SD cards and trigger the sample from one of 16 pads (each one can have a different loop or song on it, and you can go to a different bank if you need more).  TRS outs, and samples in wav format.  Not sure if it's out yet (it's a brand new product), but the very similar 8-pad MPX8 is.  This one you can record directly into and store, as well as offload pre-made wav recordings via USB to SD caddy.

Akai MPX16  http://www.akaipro.com/tradeshows/messe2014
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 09:13:10 PM by Rick Powell »

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2014, 09:38:39 PM »

Thanks everyone for your suggestions - I really appreciate you guys spending the time to help me out.  I'll continue to research - especially all the items mentioned here and I am sure I'll make a good decision based on what I've learned.  You are the best !!!  :)
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2014, 12:08:07 AM »

A little unconventional, the qlab software for the Mac may work too, it's set up a little different but you can set up cues to start a track, vamp, devamp,  loop a certain number of times, etc.  Anyway the stereo version is still free I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2014, 01:06:49 AM »

A little unconventional, the qlab software for the Mac may work too, it's set up a little different but you can set up cues to start a track, vamp, devamp,  loop a certain number of times, etc.  Anyway the stereo version is still free I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stereo version is free. I used it last month for VBS at church; though I ended up buying a few days of the "basic audio" license so I could have more outputs into the churches x32. I could have done the mixing in Qlab and just sent stereo to the board but sending 6 or 8 channels out made my job easier.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2014, 01:06:49 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 23 queries.