ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: M20 Threaded Poles  (Read 11308 times)

(Brian) Frost

Re: M20 Threaded Poles
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2014, 02:08:40 PM »

If you can get a ksub pole and the ksub pole extension, you have 3 different heights to work with to get the speaker where you want it because you can use the short extension piece, the longer standard piece or both together.

I'm currently running a QSC KW rig consisting of 2 KW181 subs and 2 KW153 Mid/Highs and I'm finding the included pole that comes with the subs really needs to be about half that height to suit the KW153's. I've run the subs with some Yamaha MSR400's on the poles and the height is fine but it's a little too high for the KW153's. The lift is a two man lift and it gets a little too high and isn't completely stable. It's nothing strapping down the thing down can fix but I'd rather have an M20 threaded pole about half as high as the included one.

Does anyone have any that fit the bill? M20 threaded poles seem to be quite tricky to find in catalogs.

I have two more KW181 subs coming in soon and QSC say that only one box should be stacked on top of a KW181. This seems a little odd as two KW181 subs and a KW153 on top seems to be the perfect height and a great setup overall. Otherwise a half height pole on one sub and place the other sub next to it. Or place the tops on tripods or the stage if high enough and all four subs in the center.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2014, 02:52:42 PM »

Old thread, but I just found these which might help:
Aha, 18 inches - should work!
<http://qsc.com/products/Accessories/K_Series_Accessories/K_Series_Pole_Extension/>
http://www.amazon.com/Stage-SS7746-Adjustable-Subwoofer-Thread/dp/B00GXNBI18/ref=pd_sim_sbs_MI_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=1F60YDC8NEX5BMWGNXAS

Yes, 3 years & 3 months old. Zombie thread.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Nate Armstrong

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2014, 05:01:35 PM »

When using 1 kw181 per side, I often use just the KSub pole extension as Brain Frost mentioned.    They were $20 ea from QSC direct. Its nice to have all 3 versions of the pole if you have more than just the kw153 tops

A couple weeks ago I forgot the Extnesion pieces and only had the Ksub poles  181 over kw122  Man it looked really Dumb. It would of been cool for a Mini kiss concert, that's about it.

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2014, 06:53:07 PM »

I got a couple of K&M poles that are adjustable. Easy to lift the speaker on, then raise it up where I want it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2014, 08:51:58 PM »

Yes, 3 years & 3 months old. Zombie thread.
... I guess we should be thankful that people are using the "search" function and actually finding the old threads?? :-p

On the other hand, you would hope that after over three years, the OP has resolved their problem(s).......
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2014, 08:51:58 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 25 queries.