ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Liability for shocks  (Read 11992 times)

Frank DeWitt

• LBP DI Box
Re: Liability for shocks
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2014, 06:43:00 PM »

i have seen these Amphenol connectors in hotel ballrooms. 4/0 5 wire. the female connector is mounted on the wall. all the ones i have seen have a disconnect switch but if someone doesn't turn the disconnect off it can be deadly. fingers can be stuck in those holes in the female connector. who is liable for that ?

First it has to happen.
The connector must be installed
It must be turned on
It must be left on
Someone needs to stick there finger in there.
They need to get hurt.
Then someone might be looking for who is liable.

Thinking about safety and letting that thinking guide our actions is good.  Worrying about liability can be debilitating.
Not to Code

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2014, 06:43:54 PM »

Kind of like those infomercial Amish fire place electric heaters, they say you by the woodwork and the electric heater part (which is made into it) is a "free gift" the reason is if it doesn't work it was a free gift so theres not much you can do about it unless its the wood work with issues.

so maybe it's just me but the lack of punctuation is making this impossible to comprehend. "They say you by the woodwork and the electric heater part" - what is by the woodwork? The heater? Something else? I just can't figure out what's next to the woodwork and how this is all supposed to fit together...  :o

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

jasonfinnigan

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2014, 07:06:02 PM »

so maybe it's just me but the lack of punctuation is making this impossible to comprehend. "They say you by the woodwork and the electric heater part" - what is by the woodwork? The heater? Something else? I just can't figure out what's next to the woodwork and how this is all supposed to fit together...  :o

-Ray
Sorry for having dyslexia. You can hide my posts if you dont like it

Jeff Bankston

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2014, 07:06:14 PM »

First it has to happen.
The connector must be installed
It must be turned on
It must be left on
Someone needs to stick there finger in there.
They need to get hurt.
Then someone might be looking for who is liable.

Thinking about safety and letting that thinking guide our actions is good.  Worrying about liability can be debilitating.
well i was wondering because i am an electrician and have ben asked to install one of those. i declined just because of the hazzard. in california "everyone" in the chain gets sued. the manufacturer , the distrubutor , the wholesaler/retailer , the installer , the end user. that got me thinking what i could get hit with. about 15 years ago i crushed the end off a finger with a car engine stand(oucheee). i had the finger reatatched and its still working. the engine stand had a defective design. i had medical bills and missed work. i contacted the company that made the stand and they told me to go pound sand. i contacted several lawyers and thats when i found eveyone in the chain is sued. imo the manufacturer was the only party responsible but thats not how california law is written. i didnt think it fair to sue the distrubutor or the store i bought it from. i decided to file a lawsuit myself against the manufacturer only. i had it served and immediatly they took care of me and i gave them the defective stand and got another one. i dont know what the liability laws of other states are. when we have played in parks we make sure we have plenty of security so as not to land in court like is happening in the Frank McCourt/Brian Stow Doggers Baseball injury case. Stow is claiming McCourt didnt have enough security and is seeking millions in damages. Stow got hurt real bad.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 07:16:25 PM by Jeff Harrell »

Jeff Bankston

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2014, 07:08:29 PM »

-Ray
i did not have any problem reading and understand that non punktuated very long sentance. but i'm not normal either, i'm a drummer !

Jeff Bankston

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2014, 07:09:43 PM »

Sorry for having dyslexia.
well thats certainly better than having less dixyia !  ;D

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2014, 08:30:03 PM »

Sorry for having dyslexia. You can hide my posts if you dont like it
My gosh, I'm sorry, I did not mean to come across as mean or anything. I value the input of everyone on here. Dyslexia shouldn't be something you would be sorry for. I've never had a problem with your posts in the past, though, so I thought maybe this was just one that a helpful computer program "helped" you on.

Again, I apologise if you were offended. I just did not understand what you're trying to say with that post, cos it appears that there's some missing words or something.

Ray
Kelcema Audio

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2014, 08:35:00 PM »

i did not have any problem reading and understand that non punktuated very long sentance. but i'm not normal either, i'm a drummer !

I would point out that your instrument of choice has nothing to do with your refusal to utilize the English language properly, but that discussion would not be anything we have not had in the past. I know you are proud of your "hillbilly appearance," but I would respectfully ask that if another post could be difficult to understand due to missing words/punctuation, and I ask for clarification, would you please not make me feel awkward for asking? In this case, since it's not their choice, it's just kind of mean.

Thank you,

Ray
Kelcema Audio

Jeff Bankston

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2014, 09:07:46 PM »

I would point out that your instrument of choice has nothing to do with your refusal to utilize the English language properly, but that discussion would not be anything we have not had in the past. I know you are proud of your "hillbilly appearance," but I would respectfully ask that if another post could be difficult to understand due to missing words/punctuation, and I ask for clarification, would you please not make me feel awkward for asking? In this case, since it's not their choice, it's just kind of mean.

Thank you,

Ray
well every drummer i have ever known is kinda strange. we drummers know this and even mention it. as for being a hillbilly i am not i am a south mississippi redneck. hillbillys live in the hills of arkansas and tennesse and other hilly places, missippi is flat. i have had many people refer to me as a hillbilly and i correct them. i wasnt making fun of you or anyone else. my point was any grown man should be able to read and understand without punctuation. long ago languages were written in "running hand" and words were run together and punctuation did not exhist. so far i haven seen anything here typed in "text message" lingo but it could happen.

jasonfinnigan

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2014, 09:13:28 PM »

well every drummer i have ever known is kinda strange.

well, there is the joke about drummers and how to tell if a stage is level ;)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2014, 09:13:28 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 24 queries.