ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sound Physic Labs Runts  (Read 5720 times)

sbjacob

Sound Physic Labs Runts
« on: July 01, 2014, 03:49:42 PM »

These look very similar to the Danley SH 95's  I picked up a pair has anyone any experience with these I know they are Tom Danley deign ?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 02:43:31 PM by Ara Ayrassian »
DANLEY SM96, TH118'S , BS412 OS80 ,GH60

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: SPL Runts
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 05:34:50 PM »

These look very similar to the Danley SH 95's  I picked up a pair has anyone any experience with these I know they are Tom Danley deign ?

Forums participant John Halliburton has owned/used Runts, IIRC.  You might try a PM.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 06:11:17 PM »

Forums participant John Halliburton has owned/used Runts, IIRC.  You might try a PM.
A former company I worked with installed a number of them.  I've heard them, but not critically listened.  They are good, not real loud, not as good as the current Danley offerings.
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

John Halliburton

• Still has hair and white pointy beard...
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 11:36:36 PM »

So you're the one who bought them...

They are the precursor to the SH-95.  I've had a pair for over ten years.  Great sounding little speaker.  Not super efficient, but that is partly due to the low end response(F3=65hz). 
I use them a lot, and in crowded setups, the directivity across the wider bandwidth is helpful in reducing stage bleed and feedback.  The great sound quality is just icing on the cake.

Best regards,

John

sbjacob

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 10:05:17 PM »

So you're the one who bought them...

They are the precursor to the SH-95.  I've had a pair for over ten years.  Great sounding little speaker.  Not super efficient, but that is partly due to the low end response(F3=65hz). 
I use them a lot, and in crowded setups, the directivity across the wider bandwidth is helpful in reducing stage bleed and feedback.  The great sound quality is just icing on the cake.

Best regards,

John

Well I now have 4 of the Runts running with 3 TH118's will get a forth TH118 soon I generally run the subs clustered in he middle anyway mono for DJ work so the odd number works great for the  time being . Know for he sound amazing I run the subs up to 100Hz and the Runts take over a big sound quality improvement  from the DSR 12's and the EV Zx5's I had .
[/quote]
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 10:13:54 PM by Mac Kerr »
DANLEY SM96, TH118'S , BS412 OS80 ,GH60

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 10:05:17 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 21 queries.