ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: D&B Q-Sub... stacked CSA or end-fire?  (Read 3085 times)

David Pallett

D&B Q-Sub... stacked CSA or end-fire?
« on: June 23, 2014, 05:37:05 PM »

Just curious as to what's considered the best option when you have three subs a side available.

I've used end-fire successfully on numerous occasions, especially with active subs when delay was available only on the console as opposed to the amp, and been happy with the results.

Just been working as assistant tech to a guy who prefered the d&b 3 sub CSA stack, bottom one forward, middle one backwards, top one forwards.

What's the optimum method assuming there is space available?  I've not had time to model this in array calc yet.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
Re: D&B Q-Sub... stacked CSA or end-fire?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 08:06:33 AM »

Just curious as to what's considered the best option when you have three subs a side available.

I've used end-fire successfully on numerous occasions, especially with active subs when delay was available only on the console as opposed to the amp, and been happy with the results.

Just been working as assistant tech to a guy who prefered the d&b 3 sub CSA stack, bottom one forward, middle one backwards, top one forwards.

What's the optimum method assuming there is space available?  I've not had time to model this in array calc yet.
It depends on what you need to do for a particular application.

All facing forward will give you the most SPL output and best sound quality.

A endfire or cardioid arrangement will give more cancellation to the rear.  The endfire will give more output and better sound quality than the cardioid-but the cardioid will give better rejection to the rear.

So you need to choose what is best for a particular application.

You DO NOT get the best sound-highest SPL and most rejection from any configuration.

Everything is a compromise-sorry
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: D&B Q-Sub... stacked CSA or end-fire?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 08:06:33 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 25 queries.