ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: First time working in UK - anything I should know about power?  (Read 12040 times)

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
Re: First time working in UK - anything I should know about power?
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2014, 03:41:00 PM »

We were making control panels for a piece of domestic equipment (can't remember what it was now) and we were using a modified version of the device's PSU and control PCB re-programmed as a tester.  I can only assume it did a check of the incoming frequency and decided not to continue when it realised it was too slow.  I don't think it was the PSU being awkward.

Steve.

Ron Hebbard

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2014, 12:41:21 AM »

Hello Steve;

Back in 1996 I spent three weeks in London loading in and setting up the first full blown production of the musical 'Tommy', we built the show in our shop here in Canada, one of the colonies.
One thing that really surprised me was how you distributed three phase to the dimmer racks in the West End; all FOH dimmers were from a phase, all dimmers supplying flown electrics were from a different phase and all dimmers supplying deck level circuits were from the third phase.  The explanation I was given was this minimized chances of anyone getting shocked by anything greater than 240 volts, 415 volts for example.

Thanks for the memories.

Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2014, 12:41:21 AM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 23 queries.