ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Player  (Read 4305 times)

Steve Alves

• South Florida
    • South Florida Sound
Media Player
« on: July 30, 2014, 12:04:44 PM »

Looking to take a directory of .mpg files (music videos) and have them shuffle and play without a gap (preferably faded from a-b, b-a, etc.)

We have a Mac with GrandVJ on it but want something quick and unattended. Just want to point it at a directory and go.

Any Suggestions? I am not opposed to a standalone device (inexpensive) but figured there has to be a player out there already.
Steven Alves
South Florida Sound, Fort Lauderdale, FL
www.southfloridasound.com

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
Re: Media Player
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 12:56:24 PM »

Looking to take a directory of .mpg files (music videos) and have them shuffle and play without a gap (preferably faded from a-b, b-a, etc.)

We have a Mac with GrandVJ on it but want something quick and unattended. Just want to point it at a directory and go.

Any Suggestions? I am not opposed to a standalone device (inexpensive) but figured there has to be a player out there already.

VLC will do that if properly configured when you make a playlist of the video files or if you drop a folder of videos on it's icon(just tried it on my MacBook). You might even be able to make a shell script or something to start playback of the chosen directory.

Steve Alves

• South Florida
    • South Florida Sound
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 11:05:09 PM »

Thanks, I will take a look at it.
Steven Alves
South Florida Sound, Fort Lauderdale, FL
www.southfloridasound.com

Kyle Malenfant

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 12:37:59 PM »

No necessarily a pro AV software.. But Virtual DJ (a popular dj software) has extremely powerful video capabilities allowing you to easily make/save/load playlists of video with auto segues, cool transition effects, etc. I think other full version of the software is about 300 or so.  We use it frequently when all we have to do is make a playlist of visuals and hit go.  The software is fully customizable too. 

Good luck!

Jason Holmes

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 07:14:34 PM »

VLC will do that if properly configured when you make a playlist of the video files or if you drop a folder of videos on it's icon(just tried it on my MacBook). You might even be able to make a shell script or something to start playback of the chosen directory.

I've done this with VLC before. Drop in all the files, select shuffle and full screen, save the playlist file and save it in the startup folder (on windows) or drop it into the login items on a mac.

Problem solved and it'll come back if the computer needs to be rebooted.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 07:14:34 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 25 queries.