ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 3-year-old boy electrocuted by RV hot-skin  (Read 9569 times)

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
Re: 3-year-old boy electrocuted by RV hot-skin
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2014, 08:29:48 PM »

I need to make an I phone app that lets you see voltage....

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Stephen Swaffer

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2014, 09:17:07 PM »

Testing with a visual indication would be relatively simple-could be a simple go/no go above the inlet, and for that matter the technology exists to prevent energizing a spider box/RV or whatever if a ground does not exist.  The problem is demand/willingness to pay for the safety features-someone who has firsthand dealt with a tragedy would gladly  hit rewind and pay for safety-but that is not an option.  The other issue would be the liability the manufacturer of such a device would be subject to.

I am all for safety devices-but the most effective safety device is an informed, observant, diligent operator.  Several years ago working in a manufacturing facility that was big on safety, I made the observation that the maintenance department-who routinely worked in energized panels, ran equipment with guards removed, worked on ladders, etc-had the best safety record.  Why?  Because our jobs demanded that we be aware of what we were doing-when you get comfortable with what you do it is easy to get complacent and just assume everything will be OK.
Steve Swaffer

Jeff Bankston

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2014, 10:37:44 PM »

instructing a new customer on electrical shock prevention is great. but when people buy used or inherit will a private seller pass it on. maybe having a ground stake like a tent stake would prevent a metal skinned rv hazard. if the skin became energized it would trip the breaker. even a plastic type rv has hazzards. my dads rv has steel bumpers. the onboard generator can also be a the sorce of electricution. when my dad camps in places with no electric hookup he runs the generator at night to power the a/c. long time ago we camped in a Starcraft popup. its body was also metal skin.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2014, 10:37:44 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 25 queries.