ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with Smaart 7 hooking up  (Read 2622 times)

Greg Bartusch

Help with Smaart 7 hooking up
« on: June 25, 2014, 11:27:46 pm »

I just purchased the Smmart 7 software. I'm running Windows 7. I want to know how to hook everything up to make it work. I am using a Tascam iXZ mic and guitar interface and for the console I am using a Allen Heath Mix Wizard. Where do I go from there to connect it from the computer to the iXZ to the console. I haven't seen any tutorial on how to connect it all. Please help me out with any information. Thanks.

Rasmus Rosenberg

Re: Help with Smaart 7 hooking up
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 05:40:58 am »

I just purchased the Smmart 7 software. I'm running Windows 7. I want to know how to hook everything up to make it work. I am using a Tascam iXZ mic and guitar interface and for the console I am using a Allen Heath Mix Wizard. Where do I go from there to connect it from the computer to the iXZ to the console. I haven't seen any tutorial on how to connect it all. Please help me out with any information. Thanks.
Take a look at this video should at least give you an idea to apply to your own system.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqdX2y7b8yk
/R

Greg Bartusch

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 02:15:59 pm »

Take a look at this video should at least give you an idea to apply to your own system.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqdX2y7b8yk
/R
Perfect. Thank you. I guess my Yascam unit wont work for this and I need to get an I/O device instead.

Timo Beckman

• Rational Acoustics/Isemcon/Fulcrum Acoustic NL
    • Timo Beckman Geluid
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 02:06:03 pm »

Perfect. Thank you. I guess my Yascam unit wont work for this and I need to get an I/O device instead.

As far as i can see you guessed right. You need at least 2 input channels 1 for the mic and 1 for a split from 1 o/t outputs to do transfer measurements.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 08:18:09 pm »

As far as i can see you guessed right. You need at least 2 input channels 1 for the mic and 1 for a split from 1 o/t outputs to do transfer measurements.

Two is more convenient, but you should really only need 1. Smaart lets you loop the reference back internally. If you do this the measured delay won't be right, but who cares since any determination of delay times should involve a measurement of 2 different sources, and the difference between them will still be right.

Mac

Chris Tsanjoures

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 10:56:26 am »

Smaart lets you loop the reference back internally.

Yes, it was a heavily requested feature request and has since made it's way into a release. However, it is not a recommended practice do to the variations in computers used in the field. Basically - this feature really doesn't work as fantastic as we'd all hoped on every machine - so use it at your own risk. Incorrect delay offset, negative delay, or worse - clock drift, are easily avoidable by using a 2-channel IO.

I am employed by Rational Acoustics. Besides being a Product Manager for the Smaart Platform, I operate as a fully deployable Smaart Ninja (aka Instructor/System Guy).

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 10:56:26 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 23 queries.