Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: BC218  (Read 39301 times)

radulescu_paul_mircea

Re: BC218
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2015, 01:02:22 PM »

I've seen that. Good to remind me.
I know they are simple numbers. We, who are working with the products, realize that real performance can't be always put on paper. But the people who hiers us, don't :/ so we have to first of all learn ourself how to "read between the lines" and then to show others

Now, another question. In the situation where I would have to use 4 bc218 in front of the stage and if I would have enough space, would it be good to put two of them tacked and the other two end to end to the sides if that stack? I am thinking that this way I would avoid lobbing AND use the directivity and get some gain. The only thing would be pounding the croud very hard in front...

People aren't rational. We're not thinking machines, we're - we're feeling machines that happen to think. Peter Watts

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2015, 01:06:53 PM »

Yes,indeed you are building real subwoofers fo a real market and it is no need to overkill where it is with no use.
As I was talking on another forum about the posibility of using the M-force driver in your designs, people had given me good arguments on "why NOT to use them"
That driver (and also the I-Pal ) need specific tweaks and designs to work properly, they are (very) expensive and they could be used only in places where cost is no object. Like the Tingpen rotary.
Yes,it would be fascinating to just see what is possible. You could use 20 of them, in 10 VERY VERY large horns and try to sim a real tornado or a rocket, but otherwise, I don't know.
 What is your oppinion on that type of driver and tech.?
For me, powersoft, pkn and speakerPower represents in amp world the same as DSL in speaker world. Except DSL are trying to make a revolution,not evolution ;)

People aren't rational. We're not thinking machines, we're - we're feeling machines that happen to think. Peter Watts
Tom has also spent a good bit of time trying to get the M force to work in our designs, but as of now it is not a good match.

We can get better results with much less expensive drive units.

It is the TOTAL result that is what should be considered-NOT just one part of it.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

radulescu_paul_mircea

« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2015, 08:35:00 AM »

I am curently reading all I can about DSL products and there is a lot of discussions on forums. I see (and always seen) the problems when using simple numbers, or when everybody starts focusing only on what is fashionable.
When direct comparing different products and especially different types (like horn vs vented etc.) there are so many factors that has to be taken into acount and on paper they will never be accurate. Also it implies that the customer should have some knowledge about acoustics and how it all works ( like the difference between acoustical power and Spl, or how they all add up etc)
That is why it is very important to have a showroom and more important the ability to make a demo. If the products are what you( we, me) are saying they are, they will sell themself.
I was playing with the M-Force in hornresp and it is imposible for me to make it work. I knoe that the parameters can be tweaked, but as Josh Ricci said,  they are not giving any clear advantages under 30hz or so.
If they would make the diafragm so strong that it could take tremendous compression ratio and allow them to have a bigger stroke, it could be used in application where the cost wouldn't be the main issue.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2015, 02:24:08 PM »

I am curently reading all I can about DSL products and there is a lot of discussions on forums. I see (and always seen) the problems when using simple numbers, or when everybody starts focusing only on what is fashionable.
When direct comparing different products and especially different types (like horn vs vented etc.) there are so many factors that has to be taken into acount and on paper they will never be accurate. Also it implies that the customer should have some knowledge about acoustics and how it all works ( like the difference between acoustical power and Spl, or how they all add up etc)
That is why it is very important to have a showroom and more important the ability to make a demo. If the products are what you( we, me) are saying they are, they will sell themself.

Agreed it is not easy to compare (especially on paper with limited numbers and information) different types of products that are "measured/speced" in different ways.

We do demos all the time at our main office (both inside the demo room and outside in the parking lot).  Sometimes we go offsite to larger areas to do demos-depending on what is needed and being looked at and by whom.

We also WELCOME anybody to bring whatever product they want to hear in a fair side by side comparison.

We also have various demo systems around the country and the world.  But they may not be "in your backyard".

You can start here (in the US) by contacting your local rep to see about a local demo

http://www.danleysoundlabs.com/where-to-buy/

For people outside the US, you can contact [email protected] to see what might be near you for demo.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

radulescu_paul_mircea

« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2015, 03:36:17 PM »

No need to derail a perfectly good Danley thread right :) ? Sometimes it's nice when threads stay germane to the topic at hand.  There should be some articles coming out soon.
Still waiting for details or an arcticle, you know

radulescu_paul_mircea

« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2015, 03:40:45 PM »

Agreed it is not easy to compare (especially on paper with limited numbers and information) different types of products that are "measured/speced" in different ways.

We do demos all the time at our main office (both inside the demo room and outside in the parking lot).  Sometimes we go offsite to larger areas to do demos-depending on what is needed and being looked at and by whom.

We also WELCOME anybody to bring whatever product they want to hear in a fair side by side comparison.

We also have various demo systems around the country and the world.  But they may not be "in your backyard".

You can start here (in the US) by contacting your local rep to see about a local demo

http://www.danleysoundlabs.com/where-to-buy/

For people outside the US, you can contact [email protected] to see what might be near you for demo.
I am from Europe, Romania. I will finally be able to instal a small setup in a Pub, made of a pair of SH-50 + 1*DBH218 for 300 sq meters . Hope it will be enough :))

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2015, 02:39:36 AM »

I am from Europe, Romania. I will finally be able to instal a small setup in a Pub, made of a pair of SH-50 + 1*DBH218 for 300 sq meters . Hope it will be enough :))

Please share your story when the project is done.
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

radulescu_paul_mircea

« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2015, 04:04:03 AM »

I will make a separate thread about it after I start installing

radulescu_paul_mircea

« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2016, 09:01:04 AM »

Please share your story when the project is done.

In the end I went for 2 TH118 with 4 SM100 because of the small space and the fact that the client has settled to make a pub and not a club. Also because no one is at a distance grater than 5 meters from a speaker and an SPL of 100-105 dBc long term for no more than 4 hours in the weekend, this system will be used at a fraction of what it would be capable of. But this way I will end with flat resp from 29Hz ;)

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2016, 11:56:12 AM »

In the end I went for 2 TH118 with 4 SM100 because of the small space and the fact that the client has settled to make a pub and not a club. Also because no one is at a distance grater than 5 meters from a speaker and an SPL of 100-105 dBc long term for no more than 4 hours in the weekend, this system will be used at a fraction of what it would be capable of. But this way I will end with flat resp from 29Hz ;)
This is exactly what system DESIGN is all about.

First you determine what the NEEDS are-then design a system around those needs.

What works in one situation is not correct for another.

From what you describe-you should be very happy with the system.

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2016, 11:56:12 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 25 queries.