ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: QU-24 update  (Read 19016 times)

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
Re: QU-24 update
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2014, 12:53:29 AM »

Why would your consumer based dealer (sweetwater) notify you of FW version updates? only ones that are more directed to the pro world do stuff like that. And they also usually won't beat online prices but have much better service. Just check the website from time to time. Also you may want to change your Display Name to the your full first and last name per forums rules.

Sweetwater is a pro level dealer who will work with you on anything at almost any level. An example might be the Expression I bought through my rep for $2200. They shipped second day free and upgraded the firmware before they shipped, and yes they do notify customers of needed upgrades, etc. Yesterday I bought a Gibson guitar from them. Everything I wanted to know about the guitar was explained and detailed pictures of the guitar, the one I was buying, were sent to me before and after the purchase. Not an expensive Gibson at $1650, but I saved $100 over anyone else selling the guitar. These guys are NOT MF, GC, AMS, etc. and are 100 levels above those people when it comes to sales, service, and support. I would think based on your statement you have either never been to their web site, don't receive their catalog, or have ever purchased anything from them.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

John Penkala

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2014, 07:05:55 AM »

Sweetwater is a pro level dealer who will work with you on anything at almost any level. An example might be the Expression I bought through my rep for $2200. They shipped second day free and upgraded the firmware before they shipped, and yes they do notify customers of needed upgrades, etc. Yesterday I bought a Gibson guitar from them. Everything I wanted to know about the guitar was explained and detailed pictures of the guitar, the one I was buying, were sent to me before and after the purchase. Not an expensive Gibson at $1650, but I saved $100 over anyone else selling the guitar. These guys are NOT MF, GC, AMS, etc. and are 100 levels above those people when it comes to sales, service, and support. I would think based on your statement you have either never been to their web site, don't receive their catalog, or have ever purchased anything from them.

You just like the candy.  ;D

Loujudson

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2014, 09:55:23 AM »

Thanks Dick and Bob for jumping in here. Sweetwater does good by me for the level of gear I buy, and I don't even eat the candy! Props to my rep Jeff Barnett - Jason, you should try him out sometime. Good guy.

But I still am curious abut the V1.5 update - is there any evidence of it anywhere?

John Halliburton

• Still has hair and white pointy beard...
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2014, 10:07:00 AM »

Thanks Dick and Bob for jumping in here. Sweetwater does good by me for the level of gear I buy, and I don't even eat the candy! Props to my rep Jeff Barnett - Jason, you should try him out sometime. Good guy.

But I still am curious abut the V1.5 update - is there any evidence of it anywhere?

It has already been reported that the update is scheduled for early July release.

I spend under $100/year at Sweetwater on average, and get email flyers, emails from my rep, and the occasional yearly phone call.  Anyone spending $30-35k last year would be taken out to lunch by the rep in my opinion.

Best regards,

John

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2014, 12:28:41 PM »

Anyone spending $30-35k last year would be taken out to lunch by the rep in my opinion.

Best regards,

John

I think he's already there...
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

jasonfinnigan

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2014, 03:20:09 PM »

Depends on what you are looking for they have some pro level stuff. But the speakers they carry are all MI grade. Full Compass carries much more variety, as well as your local dealer (who provides a lot of the nation level touring sound on the east coast, so good discounts on volume as well as good opinions on use from in the field). We bought all our mics, consoles & cases, Digital snake,  K&M stands, XLRs packs, etc from sweetwater though. You can't really get high end speakers, power distros etc from sweetwater
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 03:23:41 PM by JasonFinnigan »

Kemper Watson

• Woodstock GA
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2014, 01:55:25 PM »

What is the total weight in that case?

John Halliburton

• Still has hair and white pointy beard...
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2014, 10:22:34 AM »

What is the total weight in that case?

I'll grab the scale today and go get a reading.  Probably lies, just like it does with me though...;>)

John

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2014, 10:45:15 AM »

I got this special case about 30 years ago -
put a 30lb mixer in a 25lb case the total ends up being only 10lbs total to lug around.  Great case.

Should never have got rid of that one.  Can't find a replacement!

frank

Jerome Casinger

• Castle Rock DJ and Sound
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2014, 10:48:43 AM »

John:

Appreciate your posts.  I am looking pretty heavy at this mixer and curious on the firmware upgrade.  I have the x32, and its paid itself off and still sells used for about what I paid for it.  But it is now the "weakest" link in my chain and by that I mean the one piece of gear that gets questioned at my gigs.  Plus I have never used more than 20 channels in 2 years.  Will be interested to read more on this one and how its working out for you.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2014, 10:48:43 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 23 queries.