ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Allen & Heath Qu-32  (Read 16304 times)

Dave Bednarski

Re: Allen & Heath Qu-32
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2014, 02:51:15 PM »

Anyway this board is interesting but not really something I'd pickup. I think If I replaced my X32s and Digital Snake it would be the GLD series.

+1, very interesting.  If it came out at the same time as the X32... I would have probably bought the Qu32 based on brand.  If I moved from the X32 it also be to the GLD.

Jeff Carter

• Kitchener, ON, Canada
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2014, 06:34:26 PM »

Press release up on Pro Sound Web....

http://www.prosoundweb.com/article/allen_heath_launches_new_addition_to_qu_digital_family/

Qu-32 will start shipping in July at a SRP of £2599 ex VAT.

That's around USD$4400 but of course street would be lower than that.
Mothers, don't let your babies grow up to be physics PhDs

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2014, 08:42:15 PM »

If it had been available when I purchased my Expression I would have opted for the performer which IMO is in a whole other league than anything mentioned above with the exception of the GLD, which is not as expandable and has fewer options.

The major difference between this and the Expression are VCA's, lighting control, channel strips, and an additional option slot (2). The look and feel are identical, the sound from both is well above outstanding, the ease of use is outstanding, and the quality as good as it get's. Plus the chip sets are the same as those used in the Studer and SI product lines. MAP is $4750 and they can be bought for around $4300 with a phone call.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 08:48:19 PM by Bob Leonard »
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Kemper Watson

• Woodstock GA
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2014, 09:09:55 PM »

What would additional LEDs be used for?

Better channel meters

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2014, 05:10:44 AM »

Better channel meters

I would agree if the LEDs they use didn't glow brighter as the level increased, or glow less as the level decreased before moving to the next LED. That was actually a concern when I bought my board.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

Sean McDaniel

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2014, 01:19:48 PM »

If it had been available when I purchased my Expression I would have opted for the performer which IMO is in a whole other league than anything mentioned above with the exception of the GLD, which is not as expandable and has fewer options.

The major difference between this and the Expression are VCA's, lighting control, channel strips, and an additional option slot (2). The look and feel are identical, the sound from both is well above outstanding, the ease of use is outstanding, and the quality as good as it get's. Plus the chip sets are the same as those used in the Studer and SI product lines. MAP is $4750 and they can be bought for around $4300 with a phone call.
The Performer also has 4 band fully parametric EQ and more mute groups than the Expression.

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2014, 01:45:40 PM »

The Performer also has 4 band fully parametric EQ and more mute groups than the Expression.

Apart from the words Performer and Expression printed on it, the mute group buttons appear to be the only physical difference between them.

Steve.

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2014, 04:00:42 PM »

Look at the EQ section and the VCA and mute group buttons. 14 groups/mixes, 4 matrix, 8 VCA, 8 mute groups.

This is actually a good view to use when describing the Soundcraft line of boards. Each channel strip has it's own select button. Press the select button for that channel (1 is pressed in the photo) and almost all of the knobs above pertain to that channel. Same with outputs, etc.

Want to save the board settings? Press the store button on the right and the screen now lists all of your saved scenes or shows. Highlight the scene or show, press store, confirm on the touch screen, and done. You can do this without interrupting sound or board functions any time you want. Middle of a song? OK, do it.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2014, 06:07:30 PM »

Look at the EQ section and the VCA and mute group buttons. 14 groups/mixes, 4 matrix, 8 VCA, 8 mute groups.

This is actually a good view to use when describing the Soundcraft line of boards
. Each channel strip has it's own select button. Press the select button for that channel (1 is pressed in the photo) and almost all of the knobs above pertain to that channel. Same with outputs, etc.

Want to save the board settings? Press the store button on the right and the screen now lists all of your saved scenes or shows. Highlight the scene or show, press store, confirm on the touch screen, and done. You can do this without interrupting sound or board functions any time you want. Middle of a song? OK, do it.

Sounds like the workflow for my Presonus (oops...  I didn't REALLY say that, did I?)  :o

Not that I'm saying the Presonus and the Soundcraft are equals... but the "fat channel" (QU, Soundcraft, Presonus...) boards (vs the layered approach i.e., LS9, 01v96v2) seem to operate similarly. 

frank

jasonfinnigan

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2014, 07:02:58 PM »

Sounds like the workflow for my Presonus (oops...  I didn't REALLY say that, did I?)  :o

Not that I'm saying the Presonus and the Soundcraft are equals... but the "fat channel" (QU, Soundcraft, Presonus...) boards (vs the layered approach i.e., LS9, 01v96v2) seem to operate similarly. 

frank

The same concept of a fat channel is even on layered boards digital board and no layered alike. The M7CL calls this CentraLogic. Most others didn't coin any name.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2014, 07:02:58 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 23 queries.