ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EQ recommendations  (Read 2686 times)

Colin Miller

• Sweep the Leg
EQ recommendations
« on: June 19, 2014, 04:00:55 AM »

We've got a dbx 231 currently tasked to our two monitor channels. It seems to work fine; frequencies get notched, chances for feedback are diminished, blah blah blah. I may have finally convinced my boss that another 2 channel unit is the right purchase. This new unit would be to EQ the FOH.

Locally, there's a couple used 231s models for $125 each. That seems like a good deal.

Anything to look out for buying used?

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
Re: EQ recommendations
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 11:20:27 AM »

Check all the switches, faders and pots for proper noise free operation while running signal through. Check that output noise is similar to other units.

(Brian) Frost

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 02:32:05 PM »

We've got a dbx 231 currently tasked to our two monitor channels. It seems to work fine; frequencies get notched, chances for feedback are diminished, blah blah blah. I may have finally convinced my boss that another 2 channel unit is the right purchase. This new unit would be to EQ the FOH.

Locally, there's a couple used 231s models for $125 each. That seems like a good deal.

sell the one you have and buy a 4 channel ashly protea graphic.  Just me, but I like the space savings, the ability to add delay, and the recallability for different speaker systems used with a rig. I see the sell for $350 all the time. 

jasonfinnigan

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 02:47:21 PM »

sell the one you have and buy a 4 channel ashly protea graphic.  Just me, but I like the space savings, the ability to add delay, and the recallability for different speaker systems used with a rig. I see the sell for $350 all the time.

Might work for FOH, but for Monitors there's something to be said for having analog 31 band fader control for quickly wringing out monitors or reacting to live feedback before anyone even would notice anything.

Othmane Alaoui

• Produkson - Sound & Lights
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 04:15:36 PM »

Might work for FOH, but for Monitors there's something to be said for having analog 31 band fader control for quickly wringing out monitors or reacting to live feedback before anyone even would notice anything.

You definitely need a 31 band eq  for your FOH ! I would look for a 1231 from DBX, they sound good, they are not expansive in the used market and pretty comfortable to work with ! I have 4x 231 for my monitor mixes and 2 1231 for FOH depending if I rune LCR, stereo or else !

John Halliburton

• Still has hair and white pointy beard...
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 04:28:23 PM »

IMO, not a deal breaker for the Protea.  Plus, the added features of limiters, delay, HPF, and recall make it a deal.

Best regards,

John

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 04:28:23 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 23 queries.