Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: BC218  (Read 39326 times)

radulescu_paul_mircea

Re: BC218
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2016, 02:02:13 PM »

I will deffinetely be happy. I managed to separate two main areas and I can tune them separately, create a stereo field in each zone without to much interference. This will improve the perceived quality mainly during the day when this functions as a caffee&lounge.

radulescu_paul_mircea

« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2016, 02:08:36 PM »

Now back to the main topic here. I am starting to get the Hornresp program and also learning Akabak an as I was playing in them, I manage to squeeze 2*21 drivers inside the volume of the BC218 with (Very!!) good results, inluding volume for bracings, bracings, bracings and other stuff inside :) (because if I put two 21 Ipals with 2 of their modules it would deffinetely need them)
As I've seen the potential of the Ipal driver module combo in the K-array subs (god damn those subs are EXPENSIVE!!!!!!), outline, Martin Audio etc I am wonderring what would happen id Tom and his team would put theur minds togeter to try something like my sim

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2016, 07:04:55 PM »

I am wonderring what would happen id Tom and his team would put theur minds togeter to try something like my sim
Actually Tom has looked into using the IPAL in a horn.

He said the magnet is actually to strong and he could get more output using a less expensive driver.

Sometimes it is not the tool-but how it is used that makes the biggest difference.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

radulescu_paul_mircea

« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2016, 01:41:17 PM »

Actually Tom has looked into using the IPAL in a horn.

He said the magnet is actually to strong and he could get more output using a less expensive driver.

Sometimes it is not the tool-but how it is used that makes the biggest difference.
It is strong. But so is the membrane and suspension. So one could use a little more compression. And also can alter the parameters a bit to be more suited to the task.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 07:06:59 PM by radulescu_paul_mircea »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2016, 01:41:17 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 25 queries.