ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cheap Digital O'Scope  (Read 2642 times)

Mike Sokol

• Lead instructor for the No~Shock~Zone
    • No~Shock~Zone Electrical Safety
Cheap Digital O'Scope
« on: May 07, 2014, 01:52:25 PM »

I've been thinking about getting a basic handheld digital scope for hum/buzz troubleshooting, when this popped up on one of the other forums I'm on. It's a pocket digital storage scope the size of an iPhone for less than $66 US (including shipping) from China. Here's the link. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Portable-Nano-ARM-DSO201-Handheld-Pocket-sized-Digital-Storage-Oscilloscope-/221344056699?pt=BI_Oscilloscopes&hash=item338922457b

Looks pretty interesting at first blush, and I've ordered little meters and components for China eBay lots of times without any problems. These do take about 2 weeks to arrive with "free" shipping, and I always use Paypal since I trust them for international payments. Any thoughts on this cute little pocket O'Scope?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 02:02:34 PM by Mike Sokol »

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
Re: Cheap Digital O'Scope
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 02:05:49 PM »

That does look useful.

Steve.

Mike Sokol

• Lead instructor for the No~Shock~Zone
    • No~Shock~Zone Electrical Safety
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 02:11:29 PM »

That does look useful.

Steve.

Cost to those across the pond would be maybe 40 British Pounds Sterling, I think? Does China offer free shipping to GB?

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 02:36:46 PM »

It's £38.33 with free shipping.

Steve.

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 02:41:41 PM »

I've been thinking about getting a basic handheld digital scope for hum/buzz troubleshooting, when this popped up on one of the other forums I'm on. It's a pocket digital storage scope the size of an iPhone for less than $66 US (including shipping) from China. Here's the link. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Portable-Nano-ARM-DSO201-Handheld-Pocket-sized-Digital-Storage-Oscilloscope-/221344056699?pt=BI_Oscilloscopes&hash=item338922457b

Looks pretty interesting at first blush, and I've ordered little meters and components for China eBay lots of times without any problems. These do take about 2 weeks to arrive with "free" shipping, and I always use Paypal since I trust them for international payments. Any thoughts on this cute little pocket O'Scope?
The problems with the cheapie scopes are typically low bandwidth and slow response time.  For audio-range signals, that's unlikely to be an issue.  If it's battery powered, that of course means the input is mains isolated, which is a good thing for mains measurement.  AC-powered scopes need one of these: http://www.tequipment.net/LinkInstrumentsADF25A.html?readReview=38d53 to separate the signal ground from the earth ground.

Who knows about safety ratings - may want to test the tester before trusting it.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 02:41:41 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 24 queries.