ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "simple" DMX Playback  (Read 5779 times)

Ryan McLeod

"simple" DMX Playback
« on: May 06, 2014, 10:23:59 PM »

I'm looking for a super-simple "DMX playback" device - the kind of think that could be left with a client that doesn't need/want to understand what or how, just wants to simply press a button to have movers run through one of several programmed sequence with LED pars& movers.

I'm thinking of a 'more advanced' Martin 2510 - ideally I could write a few dozen sequences with software macros in LJ, transfer them to 'the device ', and have them playback on demand with the push of a button. Would like to avoid the use of built-in macros in any fixtures, and leaving a computer on-site is a no-no.

Once programmed, would like the client to not have to do more than power-up and press 'go'.

...would love to know what any of you would use in this situation.....

Cailen Waddell

Re: "simple" DMX Playback
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 12:04:52 AM »

I'm looking for a super-simple "DMX playback" device - the kind of think that could be left with a client that doesn't need/want to understand what or how, just wants to simply press a button to have movers run through one of several programmed sequence with LED pars& movers.

I'm thinking of a 'more advanced' Martin 2510 - ideally I could write a few dozen sequences with software macros in LJ, transfer them to 'the device ', and have them playback on demand with the push of a button. Would like to avoid the use of built-in macros in any fixtures, and leaving a computer on-site is a no-no.

Once programmed, would like the client to not have to do more than power-up and press 'go'.

...would love to know what any of you would use in this situation.....

If it is truly dead simple pre-timed sequence playback, I would look at Pharos LPC.  A cheaper more frustrating alternative would be the elation dmx-pro or something.  Both are dmx playback devices, although Pharos is much much more powerful. You might have to make the contact closure button interface yourself, but that should be easy.

Ray Cerwinski

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 01:37:22 AM »

Ray Cerwinski

Josh Daws

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 09:31:58 AM »

where did my post go...?? lol

anyways i recommended the nicolaudie product as well. i have used it, and love it. you can just pre-load it with a bunch of scenes onto a touchpanel. feed the touchpanel DMX and you are good to go. super simple and easy!

Steve Alves

• South Florida
    • South Florida Sound
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 11:32:41 AM »

http://www.dfd.com/p10a.html

I went with the popo version (push on-push off) and ordered it from Full Compass..
Steven Alves
South Florida Sound, Fort Lauderdale, FL
www.southfloridasound.com

Dave Barker

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 02:43:05 PM »

We have used these in several commercial installs even hooked them up to a URC remote control to fire things off during the evening.  They have been bullet proof so far.  Can connect up several contact closures for different scenes.

http://www.lanbox.com/page.php?12

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 02:43:05 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.