ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Connect Midas Pro2 to Behringer X32  (Read 17681 times)

Irwan Prasetyo

• SR Forums
Connect Midas Pro2 to Behringer X32
« on: May 08, 2014, 03:52:23 AM »

Can i connect midas pro 2 to behringer x32 through digital interconnection??
and is it need additional hardware to do that??

Any advice will be appreciate

Thanks
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 05:04:09 AM by Irwan Prasetyo »

Irwan Prasetyo

• SR Forums
Re: Connect Midas Pro2 to Behringer X32
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 05:30:22 AM »

"Firstly, the Midas digital console operate EXCLUSIVELY at 96Khz, and ALL of the AES50 ports on ALL of the Midas digital console will only operate at 96Khz. The DL251 can be set to 48Khz but this was only for use as a digital snake, meaning you can then connect a DL251 to a DL252 with 1 x CAT5 cable and have all of the channels working.
You can connect the DL251 to an X32, but you will have no pre-amp control as the control data is not the same. EDIT - my bad, I have just found out that they have modified the X32 software to allow control of the pre-amps in a DL251, so it will work perfectly.

The only part of the Midas digital consoles that you can connect at a lower sample rate is the AES/EBU connections, which can be set as in pairs to clock to external clock sources at various sample rates and bit depths.

Any other questions regarding this, please ask away. 
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 06:57:33 pm by Rob Hughes "

i quote Rob Hughes statement from another thread, but i still wonder what that's mean??

is it mean i can run the Pro2 at 96KHz & X32 at 48KHz, and connect them via AES50 to share DL251.Because his said "I have just found out that they have modified the X32 software to allow control of the pre-amps in a DL251, so it will work perfectly"

Peter Morris

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 05:43:05 AM »

"Firstly, the Midas digital console operate EXCLUSIVELY at 96Khz, and ALL of the AES50 ports on ALL of the Midas digital console will only operate at 96Khz. The DL251 can be set to 48Khz but this was only for use as a digital snake, meaning you can then connect a DL251 to a DL252 with 1 x CAT5 cable and have all of the channels working.
You can connect the DL251 to an X32, but you will have no pre-amp control as the control data is not the same. EDIT - my bad, I have just found out that they have modified the X32 software to allow control of the pre-amps in a DL251, so it will work perfectly.

The only part of the Midas digital consoles that you can connect at a lower sample rate is the AES/EBU connections, which can be set as in pairs to clock to external clock sources at various sample rates and bit depths.

Any other questions regarding this, please ask away. 
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 06:57:33 pm by Rob Hughes "

i quote Rob Hughes statement from another thread, but i still wonder what that's mean??

is it mean i can run the Pro2 at 96KHz & X32 at 48KHz, and connect them via AES50 to share DL251.Because his said "I have just found out that they have modified the X32 software to allow control of the pre-amps in a DL251, so it will work perfectly"

you beat me by 3 seconds  ;D I was about to say

No, not really, the X32 like the Pro 2 uses AES50, but it runs at 48kHz while the Pro2 runs at 96kHz.  You can set the DL251 stage box to 48KHz but then it won’t talk to the Pro 2 surface.

I assume the new Midas M32 will eventually be able to run AES50 at 96KHz, and then you will be able to run both surfaces on the same network.

You could use a couple of the X32’s AES 3 (EBU) outputs and connect it to the Pro2 AES3 input but I don’t think thats what you are after.

John Moore

• "learning the hard way sucks donkey kong"
    • Trinity Productions
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 07:49:43 PM »

Dante baby ! This will be your Mojo to connect with low latency too !
http://www.trinityprosound.com 209-832-8023
DEALER:Dealer for Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, Danley Sound Labs, VTC, Allen & Heath, Ashly, Denon,  Audix, One Systems, Beyerdynamic, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate,  Trusst, Road Ready, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, dB Technologies, RCF, American Audio,  Rapco, CBI Cables, ADJ, Chauvet, Blizzard, Furman, Shure, Tascam, Elite Screens,  BenQ, Midas, Digico,  and many many more...

Irwan Prasetyo

• SR Forums
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 10:30:20 PM »

you beat me by 3 seconds  ;D I was about to say

No, not really, the X32 like the Pro 2 uses AES50, but it runs at 48kHz while the Pro2 runs at 96kHz.  You can set the DL251 stage box to 48KHz but then it won’t talk to the Pro 2 surface.

I assume the new Midas M32 will eventually be able to run AES50 at 96KHz, and then you will be able to run both surfaces on the same network.

You could use a couple of the X32’s AES 3 (EBU) outputs and connect it to the Pro2 AES3 input but I don’t think thats what you are after.

Thankyou Peter, yup i need more channel than AES 3.
It's time to spent money to buy analog splitter :(

Dante baby ! This will be your Mojo to connect with low latency too !

Thankyou John, i found the problem it's not about protocol ,but the sample rate.

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 10:43:46 PM »

What about a DN9650 to SRC?

Lee Richard

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2014, 12:40:59 AM »

What about a DN9650 to SRC?

Buy a bridge that costs about as much as the x32?

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2014, 12:43:15 AM »

It's not as though expensive options are not on the table here.

Peter Morris

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2014, 04:17:38 AM »

Thankyou Peter, yup i need more channel than AES 3.

I built a simple 48 way spit that is no more than 48 "Y" cords in a nice road case to use with our Pro2 and other desks.
The earth loop problems with digital desks using Cat 5 multicore are very much reduced … have not had any problems (yet)  :).

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2014, 04:17:38 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.