ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha M7CL  (Read 18374 times)

Jim Sheetz

Re: Yamaha M7CL
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2005, 01:51:15 AM »

Lexicon5, thanks for the samples of the HA adjustments. Were you turning the knob drastically during the adjustment or just a little at a time?
Also, when using the Aviom card with the M7CL, does the standard channel mute button mute the output if it is assigned to the Aviom system? Our current setup does not allow us to mute the monitors from the console. The musicians have to remember to mute the A16II mixers when they leave the stage.
Thanks, and please keep us up to date on how it is going.

Allan Stevenson

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2005, 12:51:41 PM »

Hey Billy Joe Jim Bob (nice new name)

I downloaded the editor for the m7, but all I got was the PDF editor manual.  Not sure why the actual editor software isn't included.  We installed many times (no change) on a pc with XP pro.

Do you know what some of the FW updates will include?

How well do you think this console will work with MIDI automation during a live production?  I would like to use Logic / Mac to run multi- track playback locked to video.  The band would play to click, and the board could take midi cue changes for different songs and various effects/mix changes live during parts of performances.  Do you think this is getting too complicated?

See y'a!
Allan Stevenson
Peoples Church Hamilton
Ontario, Canada

Allan Stevenson

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2005, 01:10:54 PM »

Hey Billy Joe Jim Bob (nice new name)

I downloaded the editor for the m7, but all I got was the PDF editor manual. Not sure why the actual editor software isn't included. We installed many times (no change) on a pc with XP pro.

Do you know what some of the FW updates will include?

How well do you think this console will work with MIDI automation during a live production? I would like to use Logic / Mac to run multi- track playback locked to video. The band would play to click, and the board could take midi cue changes for different songs and various effects/mix changes live during parts of performances. Do you think this is getting too complicated?

See y'a!
Allan Stevenson
Peoples Church Hamilton
Ontario, Canada

Jason Ellis

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2005, 02:20:54 PM »

Did you install studio manager before you installed the Editor? Studio Manager is the framework system all of Yamaha's digital products are controlled through, and you can access the editor through studio manager. If you do open Studio manager after you have installed it and the m7cl editor, and the m7cl button does not appear, you will need to go to the file menu and click "Setup"

Under the Modify Workspace tab you can add or remove items from the studio manager workspace...

Allan Stevenson

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2005, 01:10:29 PM »

Thanks Jason,
that did it.  If I had only read the install instructions!!
It's a guy thing.

regards,
Allan Stevenson
Peoples Church Hamilton
Ontario, Canada

Mark Malacavage

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2005, 02:23:06 PM »

First thing any of you that runs an Aviom setup should know is....the Aviom card is NOT compatible with the first generation of A-16 Personal Mixer. Factor in the purchase of new mixers into your budget and the E-Bay route for unloading the old mixers as Aviom doesn't do trade-ins. Only the A-16 II mixers work with the mini-YGDAI Aviom card.

Was this an official word from Aviom or just personal experience? I wonder if there is any way Aviom could offer a modification to the original units?

Any suggestions on how to make this board work with an existing Aviom sysytem (pre-A-16 II) using the free standing distribution system instead of the mini-YGDAI? I don't remember seeing a direct out per channel on the M7CL. I don't think I even saw inserts that I can "trick" into being direct outs.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as we are giving some serious consideration to the M7 as our next FOH board. We have a about 16 Avioms in use and only one is an A-16II so if we can't make these units work that's really going to drive up the investment needed to go to the M7.

Thanks again in advance!
Audio and Lighting Director
Back Mountain Harvest Assembly
Trucksville, PA

Jim Sheetz

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2005, 03:18:03 PM »

Any suggestions on how to make this board work with an existing Aviom system (pre-A-16 II) using the free standing distribution system instead of the mini-YGDAI? I don't remember seeing a direct out per channel on the M7CL. I don't think I even saw inserts that I can "trick" into being direct outs.

Yes, you can use an existing, stand alone Aviom analog input module by setting up the routing of the 16 XLR outputs on the stock M7CL to be direct outs, or aux sends etc. Remember that this console is very flexible, not at all like an analog version. You could even install cards that would give you more options for analog outputs.
I would suggest installing the Yamaha Studio Manager software and then the specific M7CL editor. This will give you a good idea of what can be done since you can see all of the configuration screens without having to have the actual console.

Go to the link below, download and install the "Studio Manager V2 Host" first for Windows XP or Macintosh OSX, then scroll down the page to the M7CL section, download and install the editor called "Editor (V2.1.0; Win)".

http://www.yamahaproaudio.com/downloads/index.html

Tom Young

Use real name
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2005, 03:21:41 PM »

As per LAB rules you are required to use your real name in your profile and when posting.

Thanks.
Tom Young, Church Sound section moderator
Electroacoustic Design Services
Oxford CT
Tel: 203.888.6217
Email: dbspl@earthlink.net
www.dbspl.com

Mark Malacavage

Re: Use real name
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2005, 04:08:26 PM »

Sorry, my first post and I thought it would pull my name from the "name" field when I registered. Apparently the Alias field defaulted to my login name (mmm671). Won't happen again.  Embarassed
Audio and Lighting Director
Back Mountain Harvest Assembly
Trucksville, PA

Tom Young

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2005, 04:17:27 PM »

No problem.

Welcome to the site.
Tom Young, Church Sound section moderator
Electroacoustic Design Services
Oxford CT
Tel: 203.888.6217
Email: dbspl@earthlink.net
www.dbspl.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2005, 04:17:27 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.