ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless intercom base station advice  (Read 1379 times)

Mario Lagos

Wireless intercom base station advice
« on: April 28, 2014, 01:16:58 pm »

Hello,

I need some assistance to buy a new wireless base station,and it needs to be compatible with the wired station that we already have (Clear Com - MS 702) with 2 communication channels, The Clear Com staff suggested me the DX-210 system but it is really expensive and we are looking something a little bit more affordable, do you  know any alternative that we can use?

Thanks,
Jose Mario Lagos

Cailen Waddell

Re: Wireless intercom base station advice
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 01:26:07 pm »

There isn't much that is reliable that is cheaper.  We looked at all the options and got a tempest 900 system. 4 beltpacks and a base station was around 13k if I remember correctly.

Matt Tudor

• NW Iowa.
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 05:47:03 pm »

Hello,

I need some assistance to buy a new wireless base station,and it needs to be compatible with the wired station that we already have (Clear Com - MS 702) with 2 communication channels, The Clear Com staff suggested me the DX-210 system but it is really expensive and we are looking something a little bit more affordable, do you  know any alternative that we can use?

Thanks,
Jose Mario Lagos

We went with a Telex 2.4Ghz base station very recently. It's 2 channels and not terribly expensive. The one gig we used it on so far was our graduation. ~4K audience, so I was concerned about the signal getting swamped out by cell phone/wireless stuff, but we were OK. There is a little bit of operating hiss, but not enough to interfere with anything. Didn't even notice it after a while.

Couple features that I think I'm going to like: packs can operate point to point without a base station if you set one up as Master. Packs can supposedly also operate as extenders at the end of a Network cable.
Big disadvantages: battery is the proprietary pack only. While I like not being forced to go thru a lot of batteries, I kinda would like to have that option as a backup. Also, belt clip looks a bit flimsy, especially for as big as the pack is.

Kevin Esprella

• No Regret Productions
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 07:32:38 pm »

There isn't much that is reliable that is cheaper.  We looked at all the options and got a tempest 900 system. 4 beltpacks and a base station was around 13k if I remember correctly.

Cailen, what battery life are you getting on the belt packs for the 900 system?

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2014, 07:44:31 pm »

Cailen, what battery life are you getting on the belt packs for the 900 system?
The rechargable advertise 8 hours, I think 7 is more realistic but I depends on how much you talk. If I give one to an SM, 5 hours is better estimate.

We are coming up on 2 years on our battery packs, I might start to replace them soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 21 queries.