ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for inexpensive gobos and alternatives  (Read 7698 times)

Josh Daws

Re: Looking for inexpensive gobos and alternatives
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2014, 11:50:38 pm »

as others have suggested a source 4 is probably your best best...you can buy interchangeable lens barrels for them so that if distances are shorter or larger you can accommodate them. they do have LED versions but are fairly expensive. Chauvet have their equivalent, but still around the 2k+/- mark but are surprisingly good, and they use the s4 barrels also.

the 15w versions at 20ft would be lucky to get a reasonable image from unless the room was really dark.

as far as custom gobo's, they aren't really cheap...but rosco are great, and usually a very quick turnaround

anyway if you are interested shoot me a message. i work for a production company in ontario that also sells/rent fixtures and can arrange custom gobo's.

Chris Jensen

• Los Angeles
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2014, 01:51:46 pm »

as others have suggested a source 4 is probably your best best...you can buy interchangeable lens barrels for them so that if distances are shorter or larger you can accommodate them. they do have LED versions but are fairly expensive. Chauvet have their equivalent, but still around the 2k+/- mark but are surprisingly good, and they use the s4 barrels also.

the 15w versions at 20ft would be lucky to get a reasonable image from unless the room was really dark.

as far as custom gobo's, they aren't really cheap...but rosco are great, and usually a very quick turnaround

anyway if you are interested shoot me a message. i work for a production company in ontario that also sells/rent fixtures and can arrange custom gobo's.

How about the old Selecons with the right angle built into them.  I thought one of their selling points was that you could print transparency and use them in the pattern slot.  I think they used a GLA lamp, so they were probably as close to a S4 as you could get without having one.  I was never impressed by them.

Also the new Stand stuff seems really cool.  I got a demo of their House Light PL with the new LED engine and it was awesome.  They make an instrument smaller and larger than a S4 LED.  I would assume this is so they can't be classed with the industry standard, and they can fill their own niche.  It uses a single light source so what you see is mixed color from the source rather than the xmas light scalloping effect.  If I remember, the price ($1500?) for the smaller one, was way less than a S4 LED. 
http://www.seleconlight.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=599&category_id=184

Chris

Kyle Leonard

• Bozeman, MT
    • Enlightened Events
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2014, 02:33:04 pm »

I bought a Time Square MR75 on ebay, also called gobo75, for $50. It's much smaller than an S4 and uses only 75 watts. It does the job very well. I get custom gobos from Gobo Source.

http://tsstage.com/stage_ellipsoidals_fixture.php?model=MR75Z_MR75ZN

Kyle

Matt Ratelle

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2014, 07:13:12 pm »

I bought a Time Square MR75 on ebay, also called gobo75, for $50. It's much smaller than an S4 and uses only 75 watts. It does the job very well. I get custom gobos from Gobo Source.

http://tsstage.com/stage_ellipsoidals_fixture.php?model=MR75Z_MR75ZN

Kyle

If I could find one of those for that cheap, I'd be in heaven.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2014, 01:17:52 pm »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.