ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JH16 Pro vs. Ambient FR  (Read 2163 times)

Timothy J. Trace

JH16 Pro vs. Ambient FR
« on: April 29, 2014, 01:58:30 PM »

Greetings, I'm stepping up my in-ear game, and I wonder if anyone here has experience with both the JH16 Pro, and the Ambient FR model. If so, please share your opinion. Thanks - -
-----------
Post count...whaaaaa? I ain't no newb. Search for my name in the LAB Archives.  :)

Rich Frembes

• Fulcrum Acoustic
Re: JH16 Pro vs. Ambient FR
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 10:42:00 AM »

Greetings, I'm stepping up my in-ear game, and I wonder if anyone here has experience with both the JH16 Pro, and the Ambient FR model. If so, please share your opinion. Thanks - -

I own a set of JH16 Pro that I use for casual iPod listening.  I love them.  The low end is a bit on the warm side, but I would by no means consider it boomy.  To my ears they sound like they have a gentle +1 dB or so low shelf below about 150 Hz.  I understand the JH13 Pro are a bit flatter through this region, though I've never had a chance to directly compare.

Mid and high response is very revealing.  I have no problem differentiating the sound of the converters in different generation iPods / iPhones.  I also occasionally drive them using a Schiit Audio Asgard class A headphone preamp (see http://schiit.com/products/asgard-2 ).  The JH16 Pro really come to life with it! 

Timothy J. Trace

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 10:54:59 PM »

Thanks, Rich. Great information.

Do you happen to know anyone who's bought the JHA Ambient FR model?

I'm intrigued by the idea of the 15dB ambient pipe. They probably wouldn't be too swell for playback, but in an IEM situation...?
-----------
Post count...whaaaaa? I ain't no newb. Search for my name in the LAB Archives.  :)

Rich Frembes

• Fulcrum Acoustic
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 10:27:27 AM »

Thanks, Rich. Great information.

Do you happen to know anyone who's bought the JHA Ambient FR model?

I'm intrigued by the idea of the 15dB ambient pipe. They probably wouldn't be too swell for playback, but in an IEM situation...?

Sorry no, I don't. The ambient pipe sounds intriguing though.  The JH16 Pro do indeed block quite a bit of ambient noise -- which is a great thing for blocking out the rock jock radio programming at my gym!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 10:27:27 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 25 queries.