ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: You have access to Dynacord AXM12A or RCF NX-12SMA or Presonus StudioLive 328AI?  (Read 3491 times)

kristianjohnsen

• Lillehammer, Norway
    • Lillehammer Lyd og Lys

Having been burned by this before with other selfpowered speakers, how resilient are these to cell-phone interference?  You know, ta-ta-ta-ta----ta-ta-ta...

Could anyone who has access to one of these try to hold a calling GSM phone up around the speaker, and report back on how bad the interference was?

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.

Hasn't happened with my GSM phone and my RCF nx12s...

Jan Safarik

Having been burned by this before with other selfpowered speakers, how resilient are these to cell-phone interference?  You know, ta-ta-ta-ta----ta-ta-ta...

Could anyone who has access to one of these try to hold a calling GSM phone up around the speaker, and report back on how bad the interference was?

I guess it depends on type of the phone and its orientation.

I tested our DYNACORD AXM12A with my iPhone5 and wedge was completely silent, no "ta-ta-ta----ta-ta-ta" at all no matter what I did. I tried to put my iPhone on the grid, on amp module, different positions, different orientation, interference at all.

A bit different it was with my eight years old Sony-Ericsson W910i. With this phone I was able to found one place where the "ta-ta-ta" noise appeared but only at certain orientation of the phone and only at close position. When I put my Sony a few inches (3in or so) away from the wedge the noise disappeared again... so I doubt it could be any potential issue.

Jan Safarik

No problem at this distance

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA

GSM/TMDA technology, G2.  Will get into many audio systems typically at the microphone or mic line although I had it happen with my old Nokia sitting next to a Mackie analog mixer.

10, even 5 years ago this was a genuine issue.  Corporate gigs with the CEO putting his phone on the lectern or in his breast pocket would almost guarantee the GSM noise every time the phone was "polled" by the tower or a text message was received.  Audio-Technica, Shure, EV... the mic folks stepped up and designed in filters to eliminate this interference.

The roll out of G3 and G4 GSM technologies and frequencies means this is less and less of a problem for most of us.

Hope this helps.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 23 queries.