ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Atlas A-Line Series Opinions?  (Read 1730 times)

Mitch Philips

Atlas A-Line Series Opinions?
« on: May 02, 2016, 01:11:35 AM »

Hi all, I was doing some browsing on Atlas' site and I noticed they had a powered line array series called the A-Line. My question is: does anyone have any experience with this array? Judging by their price (~$7,300 US per box), they do not seem to be marketing to the "pro-sumer" crowd as their prices are in the region of Meyer and D&B.

Anyone know how these hold up to the bigger brands such as Meyer, D&B, L-Acoustics, etc?

This is me asking out of sheer curiosity.

Thanks!

Link to A-Line: http://www.atlasied.com/loudspeakers-a-line-line-array-speakers-flyable-large-format

Jim McKeveny

Re: Atlas A-Line Series Opinions?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 07:24:25 AM »

Hi all, I was doing some browsing on Atlas' site and I noticed they had a powered line array series called the A-Line. My question is: does anyone have any experience with this array? Judging by their price (~$7,300 US per box), they do not seem to be marketing to the "pro-sumer" crowd as their prices are in the region of Meyer and D&B.

Anyone know how these hold up to the bigger brands such as Meyer, D&B, L-Acoustics, etc?

This is me asking out of sheer curiosity.

Thanks!

Link to A-Line: http://www.atlasied.com/loudspeakers-a-line-line-array-speakers-flyable-large-format

I had a gig a couple years back with an unpowered version in a 1200 seater. The rigging was nice. Sound was okay.

From the grille-off photos it would seem that Atlas has the basic critical-distance spacing reasonably correct, giving this box baseline potential. (Amazingly, some mfrs. still get it wrong).

As we know in this modern era, the ongoing development of products' DSP filtering is critical. I am inclined to suggest that Atlas lacks the database and experienced talent to maximize performance.

The MSRP is superfluous. Atlas isn't targeting the touring client. Their bread and butter is new construction/public sector. A dozen of those boxes could be line-itemed at MSRP, given a 25% discount, and make the contractor 25%. Perhaps.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Atlas A-Line Series Opinions?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 07:24:25 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 25 queries.