ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Drums are disturbing the Neighbors above us.  (Read 4165 times)

JimBerlin

Drums are disturbing the Neighbors above us.
« on: April 24, 2014, 06:50:52 PM »

I need help figuring out a way to stop disturbing our neighbor with our drum noise. We have a fairly small church in Berlin, Germany. Our main room is about 1000 sq ft. in a storefront type building with a Pension/Small Hotel on the floor above us. I really want to be a good neighbor and not drive them crazy from the sound. The drums are their main complaint (we have a very good professional drummer we don't want to waste). Besides doing away with the drums, and playing softer (which we try to do too) are there any suggestions about how we can keep the Drum noise from traveling through the concrete ceiling into the floor above us? Would an enclosed Drum Cage do the trick? I have been told that vibration is the way the noise travels. If so, is there a way to prevent the drum vibrations from traveling to our neighbors? Thanks for any help you can provide!

Don Sullivan

Re: Drums are disturbing the Neighbors above us.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 07:45:37 PM »

A complete drum trap or cage would help, especially if it has a ceiling, but the good ones are so expensive, I would have to suggest an electronic drum kit. No, not very many drummers like them ( at first) but at least you can turn them down.

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 08:27:45 PM »

Rock wool insulation, Resilient channel, double layer drywall with green glue on the whole ceiling, will help... But an acoustician will help more - but I suppose that's probably out of the question?

lindsay Dean

• Classic LAB
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 02:13:34 PM »

Rock wool insulation, Resilient channel, double layer drywall with green glue on the whole ceiling, will help... But an acoustician will help more - but I suppose that's probably out of the question?

if the drums are run through the system electronic drums will have the same effect
 if you can get your hands on an spectrum analyzer, go upstairs to measure what frequencies are offending
then youll have an idea what to treat for
or better yet invite them to attend church with you.
"A mans got to know his limitations"
     and Pray for higher guidance

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 02:33:27 PM »

I need help figuring out a way to stop disturbing our neighbor with our drum noise. We have a fairly small church in Berlin, Germany. Our main room is about 1000 sq ft. in a storefront type building with a Pension/Small Hotel on the floor above us. I really want to be a good neighbor and not drive them crazy from the sound. The drums are their main complaint (we have a very good professional drummer we don't want to waste). Besides doing away with the drums, and playing softer (which we try to do too) are there any suggestions about how we can keep the Drum noise from traveling through the concrete ceiling into the floor above us? Would an enclosed Drum Cage do the trick? I have been told that vibration is the way the noise travels. If so, is there a way to prevent the drum vibrations from traveling to our neighbors? Thanks for any help you can provide!
By the way, is your name really Jim Berlin?  This forum requires the use of full real names.

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 04:14:36 PM »

If so, is there a way to prevent the drum vibrations from traveling to our neighbors?

Buy them out?
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 04:14:36 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 25 queries.