Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > HistoryOfConcertSound.org

Anybody seen these? JBL speakers

(1/3) > >>

jasonfinnigan:
Anybody ever seen any of the speakers before? It's from a smaller outdoor festival we did and they provided the FOH speakers.

It's JBL cabs.  All Mono system so everything that is the same on each side was wired parallel.
there is a horn with a cast iron wave guide per side.
4 Mid Cabs (2 per side) with JBL 2XXX something 15" drivers these were either 16 or 32 ohm each don't remember.
2 subs (1 per side)  with dual 15 or 18" I think they said these Panasonic or Tandy or something like that drivers.
All from the 1980's and was supposedly used by the USO for their concerts as well as possibly a woodstock.

Just curious if anyone has seen these before.

Ivan Beaver:

--- Quote from: JasonFinnigan on April 18, 2014, 03:10:23 pm ---Anybody ever seen any of the speakers before? It's from a smaller outdoor festival we did and they provided the FOH speakers.

It's JBL cabs.  All Mono system so everything that is the same on each side was wired parallel.
there is a horn with a cast iron wave guide per side.
4 Mid Cabs (2 per side) with JBL 2XXX something 15" drivers these were either 16 or 32 ohm each don't remember.
2 subs (1 per side)  with dual 15 or 18" I think they said these Panasonic or Tandy or something like that drivers.
All from the 1980's and was supposedly used by the USO for their concerts as well as possibly a woodstock.

Just curious if anyone has seen these before.

--- End quote ---
The horns look like 2350s with a slot (2405?) in the middle on top (in the same cabinet).

I can't tell anything about the lows

Art Welter:

--- Quote from: JasonFinnigan on April 18, 2014, 03:10:23 pm ---4 Mid Cabs (2 per side) with JBL 2XXX something 15" drivers these were either 16 or 32 ohm each don't remember.

--- End quote ---
Pioneer made TAD (Technical Audio Devices) drivers, which were very similar to JBL drivers in many respects (bolt patterns) but were far more expensive and showed improvements in some areas of performance.

TAD has been making something of a revival in the club playback market, with old designs popular in 1970's discos being trotted out again.

Barry Singleton:

--- Quote from: JasonFinnigan on April 18, 2014, 03:10:23 pm ---,,,there is a horn with a cast iron wave guide per side.
--- End quote ---

Looks like a 2350 and a 2405 to me. None of which use cast iron in the horns or slots however. 2350's are cast aluminum.

Barry.

Tom Young:

--- Quote from: Art Welter on April 20, 2014, 11:43:28 am --- Panasonic made TAD (Technical Audio Devices) drivers, which were very similar to JBL drivers in many respects (bolt patterns) but were far more expensive and showed improvements in some areas of performance.

TAD has been making something of a revival in the club playback market, with old designs popular in 1970's discos being trotted out again.

--- End quote ---

I believe it was Pioneer (not Panasonic) who had the TAD division that made the drivers you refer to, Charlie.

Panasonic also made drivers and speaker systems but sold as Panasonic or Ramsa.

FWIW

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version