ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Barco FSN Users?  (Read 1001 times)

Kevin C Burke

• A/V Integrator, and Live Events Professional
Barco FSN Users?
« on: September 30, 2014, 10:52:12 am »

Hey everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm hoping someone on here may be able to help me, having some strange issues with our Barco FSN switchers (yes, we have 2).

First issue is that on FSN #1, we had a event that was recorded to KiPro off of a universal output card, running SOG/Y 1080i@59.94. Units have been installed for 2 years, with minimal changes to cabling (with locked racks). It turns out that recording had the wrong color information going to Pb and Pr, they were swapped, with no changes to cabling. Has not acted up since, and the only way to reproduce the issue is to physically swap the Pb and Pr cables. The real kicker - running firmware 7.00.02 BETA, not even a official release. Client doesn't want to upgrade. Anyone ever run into something like this?

On FSN #2, we're noticing that our RCP-120 panels occasionally lock up and lose its assignment. Looks to be connected with having multiple AUX busses selected at the same time (which is how we switch 6 auxes with 1 RCP panel). Same firmware.

Of course Barco can't give us tech support due to the outdated firmware, and the client is looking at me to troubleshoot. Any ideas?? Thanks!

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
Re: Barco FSN Users?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 12:08:20 pm »

Hi there, and welcome! However, per the Rules of Participation for the ProSoundWeb, please go to your profile and update your Display Name to your real, full name. We are not permitted to assist you with your query until you do...

Thanks!

Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.