ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Running long power cables on grass  (Read 33423 times)

jasonfinnigan

Re: Running long power cables on grass
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2014, 12:28:17 PM »

If they only want an "official" thing there are cheaper brands than yellow jacket. but still going to be costly. Anyway if it's 10/3 gauge cable it usually lays well in grass and is not much of a trip hazard as on a hard surface.

http://www.cabletiesandmore.com/MediumDutyDOCC.php

http://www.cabletiesandmore.com/CTAM-heavy-duty-rubber-cable-protectors.php#quick1

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2014, 12:36:59 PM »

Perfect, thanks a bunch...

Yeah, those landscape pins are perfect, and considering your time, MUCH CHEAPER than cut up coat hangers.  ::)

Mike Sokol

• Lead instructor for the No~Shock~Zone
    • No~Shock~Zone Electrical Safety
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2014, 12:52:14 PM »

Yeah, those landscape pins are perfect, and considering your time, MUCH CHEAPER than cut up coat hangers.  ::)

Hey, I sometimes make about $1 per hour on these gigs... How much do you make?  ;D

jasonfinnigan

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2014, 12:54:44 PM »

Hey, I sometimes make about $1 per hour on these gigs... How much do you make?  ;D

School gigs always feel like doing charity work, at least around here they want A LOT for nothing. I think doing some small amount of pro bono work per year is actually good for a businesses reputation though.

Mike Sokol

• Lead instructor for the No~Shock~Zone
    • No~Shock~Zone Electrical Safety
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2014, 01:00:03 PM »

School gigs always feel like doing charity work, at least around here they want A LOT for nothing. I think doing some small amount of pro bono work per year is actually good for a businesses reputation though.

I'm an adjunct professor at this school, and we'll be using my live-sound students to set this up and run the gig. I'll get an extra stipend payment for this, but they do want a lot of stuff for nearly nothing. Oh, and everything has to be perfect, of course. We're expecting 5,000 to attend with around 1,200 graduating, I think. Now if I could only figure out how to charge admission...  ::)

jasonfinnigan

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2014, 01:01:18 PM »

I think. Now if I could only figure out how to charge admission...  ::)

There's many ways... just likely not legal ;)

Brook Hovland

• DiA Events
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2014, 01:07:25 PM »

Cut up hangers (or any item that could be accidentally left in the soccer field after the event) create sharp edged weapons and if any someone were to fall on one wrong, the cost of the hangers could escalate sharply.  (pun)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2014, 04:53:24 PM »

I'm an adjunct professor at this school, and we'll be using my live-sound students to set this up and run the gig. I'll get an extra stipend payment for this, but they do want a lot of stuff for nearly nothing. Oh, and everything has to be perfect, of course. We're expecting 5,000 to attend with around 1,200 graduating, I think. Now if I could only figure out how to charge admission...  ::)

We charge market rate for commencements, graduations, etc.  Sometimes we're more expensive than our competitors but our clients find we deliver a superior level of service as our designs give the client far more control over zoning for coverage and alignments.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2014, 09:29:32 PM »

We charge market rate for commencements, graduations, etc.  Sometimes we're more expensive than our competitors but our clients find we deliver a superior level of service as our designs give the client far more control over zoning for coverage and alignments.

Wait a minute, people get what they pay for?? Haha.

But yeah, it's a good point: I'll quote out the best I can, without sacrificing quality. But, people return to us because we're easy to work with, know our stuff, have great sounding and well-maintained gear, and still come in within budget.

People hire Tim's company cos he's a freaking rockstar. :D

Had a Relay for Life come last week and inquire; they'd heard great great things from the other staff partners about us. I still have to make it very clear they're hiring us for sound/lighting services, and NOT to be a DJ!

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

jasonfinnigan

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2014, 09:33:31 PM »

NOT to be a DJ!

You mean we aren't the only ones who have to do that? I always have to reinforce that we don't DJ or MC we will gladly play walk-in and intermission songs but NO DJ services. We are doing a 5K run tomorrow, theres suppose to be a band playing for most of the day though.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2014, 09:33:31 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 24 queries.