ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: High Capacity Antenna Combiners?  (Read 3402 times)

Travis.Riddle

High Capacity Antenna Combiners?
« on: April 08, 2014, 09:52:58 AM »

Just curious if any of you have found solutions for combining lots of RF (20+). I am currently using the Sennheiser combiner but would like to consolidate the space if possible. Thanks!

Cameron Stuckey

• New York City
Re: High Capacity Antenna Combiners?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 10:34:22 AM »

Just curious if any of you have found solutions for combining lots of RF (20+). I am currently using the Sennheiser combiner but would like to consolidate the space if possible. Thanks!

Transmitter combiners are limited to 8 inputs per 1RU, whether it be the PWS GX8, RAD TX8, Shure PA821A, or Sennheiser AC3200.

Jens Palm Bacher

• Lydfabrikken
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 04:28:35 PM »

an 8 channel combiner in 1u is already pushing it, so more channels would just mean a bigger combiner. 20ch would be 4-5u minimum. Also remember that as you combine more channels you need to amplify each channel more in the combiner, giving bigger heat issues.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 11:16:28 PM »

Are you talking about combining IEM transmitters, or wireless mics. IEM combiners are generally limited to 8, but there are bigger microphone receiver antenna distribution systems.

Mac

Scott Helmke

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 09:08:15 AM »

The Shure PA821 has an accessory 2 to 1 passive combiner on its front panel, and the manual shows it being used to combine the outputs of two PA821's for transmission via one antenna. (so 16 to 1). I haven't done this myself on a show site, but we've rented out systems using that feature with no complaints from the customers.

Chris Johnson [UK]

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 09:20:02 AM »

There are plenty of solutions for these kind of large combiner projects, but they tend not to be listed on consumer websites, since they are special order items.

People like Saras make these things for big TV projects and the like where you might have to combine 10 or more pairs of antennas to feed a single rack of RF receivers.

What is your application?
Riedel Communications

Jim McKeveny

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 10:15:20 AM »

We are all running blind here: are you transmitting or receiving?

We also have to assume that all of your intermod, frequency band(s), and antenna homework has been done.

If you are searching for cheap vs. best practice, look at Mini-Circuits splitters/combiners. If you REALLY know what you are doing some of their products may be of help. If you REALLY DON'T know what you are doing enlist professional RF help.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 10:15:20 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 25 queries.