Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > DJ Forum

A good pro TT

<< < (2/5) > >>

Mac Kerr:

--- Quote from: Gene Flynn on March 28, 2014, 05:15:59 PM ---Yes Turntable.  I assume that pro DJ TT have other options then just normal playback??  Maybe not??  But im looking for that pro style like DJs use.  I dont want to pay ridiculous money for an audiophile type TT..  Hope I clarified?
Thanks

--- End quote ---

Is this for actual DJ use, or your home HiFi? For a DJ  the Technics SL1200 has been the go to turntable since the dawn of DJs. Unfortunately it was discontinued a few years ago and the replacement SL1210 is almost $2k. There are cheaper copies, and the Stanton is probably good, they are a go to cartridge for DJs. For you hifi go to your local stereo store and shop around.

Mac

Tommy Peel:
I got one of these(Audio-Technica AT-LP60) last year for my home stereo and have been very happy with it. It's not pro level but great for home Hi-Fi.

Gene Flynn:

--- Quote from: Tommy Peel on March 29, 2014, 12:31:21 PM ---I got one of these(Audio-Technica AT-LP60) last year for my home stereo and have been very happy with it. It's not pro level but great for home Hi-Fi.

--- End quote ---
Its for my gym system..  It needs to have a pretty solid plinth..  I have 6 danley subs on the other side of the wall where the TT will be..   :o

Tommy Peel:

--- Quote from: Gene Flynn on March 29, 2014, 12:38:15 PM ---Its for my gym system..  It needs to have a pretty solid plinth..  I have 6 danley subs on the other side of the wall where the TT will be..   :o

--- End quote ---
You might need something that isolated better. I know this one picks up vibrations pretty easily; not to mention that I think that feedback can be an issue with turntables(I've never had any trouble with my home HiFi but the SPLs are much lower than what it sounds like you are dealing with).

Nick Enright:

--- Quote from: Gene Flynn on March 29, 2014, 12:38:15 PM ---Its for my gym system..  It needs to have a pretty solid plinth..  I have 6 danley subs on the other side of the wall where the TT will be..   :o

--- End quote ---

I would use the 1200, and build a suspension system for it. feedback is definitely a problem with bass and decks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version