ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Line Array System for Corporate Events  (Read 9616 times)

Sunil Kumar

Line Array System for Corporate Events
« on: March 27, 2014, 08:39:23 AM »

Dear Friends ,
                       We want to buy a Quality Line Array System for all type of Corporate Events ,Venues like Big Ballrooms & open Lawns . System will be used for Speech , Live Bands , Dj Parties &  Cultural Shows . Our Preference will be (1)Outline - Butterfly ,(2) Nexo- STM , (3) D&B - Q/T Series , (4) L-acoustics- Kara , Smile Mainly We are looking for a Compact System .

Awaiting for Quality Suggestions !!!

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
Re: Line Array System for Corporate Events
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 02:51:52 PM »

Dear Friends ,
                       We want to buy a Quality Line Array System for all type of Corporate Events ,Venues like Big Ballrooms & open Lawns . System will be used for Speech , Live Bands , Dj Parties &  Cultural Shows . Our Preference will be (1)Outline - Butterfly ,(2) Nexo- STM , (3) D&B - Q/T Series , (4) L-acoustics- Kara , Smile Mainly We are looking for a Compact System .

Sunil,

Your question carries alot of buckshot behind it. First of all, several of these brands have been discussed on here many times in the past, and a search of the forum will yield great results.

(insert obligatory conversation about whether or not you really *need* a line array system...)

There's a lot of things we'd need to know before being able to steer you in the right direction. Budget, first of all. Do you have existing infrastructure for productions or will this budget need to include that as well? (Like... racks, cases, amps, consoles, monitors, snakes, cabling, motors, trucking, power distribution, etc.)

One size doesn't always fit all either. A system for speech may be different then one for DJ parties, and something that works indoors won't work outdoors...

Just a lot of variables to take into consideration here--

Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 03:19:59 PM »

Mainly We are looking for a Compact System .

Sunil,

If you happen to be in the USA, check this system out:

http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,148591.0.html

I am selling it because I'm downsizing, but it has served well for all the types of events you have mentioned.

Art

Peter Morris

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 10:12:56 PM »

Dear Friends ,

FWIW to my ears the d&b Q is a very ordinary sounding box in 2014, but I would put the new V series on your list, it’s excellent.

I have not heard the new JBL double 10 box – VTX  V20 but I would certainly have a look.

We have a Lake LM26 driven Turbosound Flex which I can highly recommend. Turbosound has just been purchased by Music Group which I suspect will be great for their MI range of boxes, but Pro end where it’s all about passion and not so much about ROI … NFI :-\

John Moore

• "learning the hard way sucks donkey kong"
    • Trinity Productions
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 10:21:34 PM »

We purchased this ....  http://www.rcf.it/en_US/products/touring-and-theatre/ttl11a

We have used in corporate events at Marriotts, Ballrooms, etc. with over 1000 in the room and this system kicks ! It is also steerable in the vertical plane...the subs are killer.

Easy to set up and great sight lines too....

http://www.trinityprosound.com 209-832-8023
DEALER:Dealer for Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, Danley Sound Labs, VTC, Allen & Heath, Ashly, Denon,  Audix, One Systems, Beyerdynamic, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate,  Trusst, Road Ready, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, dB Technologies, RCF, American Audio,  Rapco, CBI Cables, ADJ, Chauvet, Blizzard, Furman, Shure, Tascam, Elite Screens,  BenQ, Midas, Digico,  and many many more...

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2014, 10:54:15 AM »

Dear Friends ,
If you already have your preferred systems ranked in order then I'm not clear on what you are asking.

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2014, 10:57:42 AM »

If you already have your preferred systems ranked in order then I'm not clear on what you are asking.
Missed options they've not considered?
Our preference between the listed systems?

I dunno, cos Sunil hasn't been back since the initial post. =\

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Al Rettich

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2014, 11:18:14 AM »

After just having been on a Outline - Butterfly system, I and I think the rest of the audio folks will never use that system again. The Nexo is a good product, I'm really fond of the d&b T10's. Small but powerful. I've done a cosmo expo with 4500 women with sixteen a side. Off of two ¼T motors. Flew it up high, tilted it down, no one even knew it was there.
Dear Friends ,

Loren Aguey

• New York City
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2014, 02:20:10 PM »

After just having been on a Outline - Butterfly system, I and I think the rest of the audio folks will never use that system again. The Nexo is a good product, I'm really fond of the d&b T10's. Small but powerful. I've done a cosmo expo with 4500 women with sixteen a side. Off of two ¼T motors. Flew it up high, tilted it down, no one even knew it was there.

T10's are great, with the added benefit of having rotatable horns for point source applications.

Meyer M'elodie should perhaps also be considered.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2014, 05:12:00 PM »

T10's are great, with the added benefit of having rotatable horns for point source applications.

Meyer M'elodie should perhaps also be considered.
How does having the horn rotatable change the application?
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2014, 05:12:00 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 25 queries.